Versace F/W 2019.20 : Kaia, Bente, Anok, Maike & Aliet by Steven Meisel

In fact I don't remember the last Versace campaign I liked.

For me it was Spring 2016, by Klein. Very glamazon, which is what I still choose to associate with Versace. Since then it has gone downhill really, with all the Weber experiments and then an uneventful Meisel.

if kaia was glammed to look like a drag queen (not in a cute or interesting way) then the mark was hit, and we are not here for it. get her brows back.

Incredibly let down by this, and have zero doubt this will be my least favourite Meisel campaign of the season. What on earth happened? The one time where I disapprove of change, ugh. The styling from Jacob K is an absolute eyesore and the derelict warehouse doesn't feel very... Versace-esque.

Surely there are more images to drop, right? Where on earth is Stephanie Seymour? This casting here is so random. I thought Seymour might've done a Shalom Harlow and star in the campaign, after walking the show.

I actually don’t mind these images, they’re somewhat interesting and the clothes are at least the focus here. The guy with the blue hair is obviously very gimmicky but it caught my eye.

However, what annoys me is that this is Versace and it looks nothing like it. It kind of me reminds me of Prada actually or rejects from one of their campaigns.

img-3.png

pressreader.com

Wow the art direction strikes again, way to ruin a campaign!

Everything about this is just horrible in my opinion. One of the most tacky collections/campaigns I've seen in recent memory. Versace will never be the same.

I like some ads & the background is great. Sorry but Kaia looks like a child with playing dressing with the mom's clothes & that hairstyle does look her older.

Man... this is REALLLLLY bad! I'm actually shocked.

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Creative Director: Fernando Verderi
Stylist: Jacob K
Hair: Guido Palau
Make Up: Pat McGrath
Models: Kaia Gerber, Maike Inga, Bente Oort and Anok Yai

Vogue US Digital Edition

˝How To Further Destroy An Already Bad Concept With Your Meaningless, Tasteless And Overall Ugly Looking Layouts And Fonts: Versace and Vogue Italia Edition˝
Autobiography by Ferdinando Verderi

˝How To Further Destroy An Already Bad Concept With Your Meaningless, Tasteless And Overall Ugly Looking Layouts And Fonts: Versace and Vogue Italia Edition˝
Autobiography by Ferdinando Verderi

You are just Right ! and now we have to deal with him being the fashion director of VI. I guess we are gonna mis Giovanni vision... the only that gives me hope is that Miesel can be a regular ay VI

I dig the vibe of this campaign. It's fun, it's campy. And I'm certainly here for Kaia being styled in an edgier way than usual.

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Creative Director: Fernando Verderi
Stylist: Jacob K
Hair: Guido Palau
Make Up: Pat McGrath
Model: Kaia Gerber

Vogue Espana Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member