Versace F/W 2019.20 Milan

Versace S/S2004 is my least favorite collection from Donatella. I used to think that it was impossible to do worst than this and than the worst hours of Versace...And this happened.
Tragic, tragic, tragic....
It’s so bad that Miss Seymour can’t even save it.

Donatella is failing season after season to distract us with her « Supermodels Stunts ».
And it’s time for Jacob K to leave Versace.

Who styled this because it's not reading like Versace. The styling is incredibly dated and desperate.

I'm having a hard time believing Donatella even designed this collection. Some of the strong pieces are overshadowed by the neon tights, too much layering, and unflattering proportions.

The hair and make up is a travesty. This is a fail.

OK, where do I begin? Let's start with the venue and the runway.. why couldn't it be smaller?
Why does it always have to be this huge venue with the maze runway? Watching the video was extremely annoying for me, since the camera kept switching and I could barely focus on any of the clothes or the models. (I don't watch that many runway videos anymore, I guess they're all the same nowadays). WHY can't anyone do the short runway where they pose at the end? (random rant?)

Anyway, the clothes were the usual I think. More Gianni 'tributes' I guess. The S/S 18 collection must have sold a lot, because she's been milking the tribute thing for multiple seasons now. Some of it was truly vile though. Especially the styling. That vomit green + yellow + hot pink combo was the worst.

The casting wasn't that great either. The usual people with one supermodel at the end. Amber Valletta looked great in the front row though.

To think that 10 years ago she debuted the ICONIC F/W 09 collection. Maybe MK should FIRE Donatella.

when all of your models look like extra dehydrated/puffy CVS cashiers, maybe review makeup/hair a bit?...

What a smoking mess...it has "let's just do stuff for the Chinese market" written all over it.

Anyway, the clothes were the usual I think. More Gianni 'tributes' I guess. The S/S 18 collection must have sold a lot, because she's been milking the tribute thing for multiple seasons now.

Yes that collection sold a lot. It was reported somewhere that 2018 was the best year for Versace under Donatella.

It would have been clever for them to take one element of Gianni’s archive and build a whole collection around it...the Old Prada model in a way.

This is terrible.

Only one good look, the Orange gown, and it looks a bit cheap. This is tacky, and not even a fun sort of tacky. Looks overworked and tired.

Versace for the past few years has always come across looking like fast fashion to me. It reads Versace x Luxury Department Store collaboration.

It feels as if Donatella tried to condense the whole Versace archives in a single collection, all at once. And she just piled all the clothes from different years and seasons randomly.

Honorable Mention to the cheap t-shirts bearing the 90s "Blonde" perfume campaign. Anyone with an Internet connection and a pendrive could take those images to a print shop; and make their own versions for 10 bucks or less...free downloadable luxury!!

That was delightfully tacky. Every season Donatella makes us believe that is always one more way to make Versace more tacky and ugly, however this time she did something that I like, sorry y'all, part of me knows that this is bad, but the other part smiled the whole show.

I didn't like the styling either. Adut's dress was the only real highlight for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->