Versace F/W 2019.20 Milan

Someone has to wear that orange gown to the Oscars. And she better do it justice. Or save it for Cannes. It needs to have a moment.

Idk why all the hate. Fun collection imo. Styling is a bit cringe but the collection is more interesting that 99% of all else.

i have seen worse from Donatella, this is ok I guess.

Versace is good at clean-cut, and it works for the brand code. But if she tries to play with silhouette, texture and layers, it usually fails since it requires much more in vision and execution.

and yes, that orange shining dress is divine, I'm sure lady gaga would be happy to let it have its moment.

I‘m strangely drawn to it. if you take away the awful styling there‘s a lot of fun in it

Someone has to wear that orange gown to the Oscars. And she better do it justice. Or save it for Cannes. It needs to have a moment.

Idk why all the hate. Fun collection imo. Styling is a bit cringe but the collection is more interesting that 99% of all else.

That was my immediate thought when I saw that dress, it's so so stunning.

I thought I was the only one who enjoyed this, there are some good pieces on the collection.

I miss those clean, powerful and inspiring Versace fashion shows like SS16 or AW17. This fashion show looks uninteresting, irrelevant, regressive, uninnovative and even psychedelic. The venue is also quite small compared to what Versace was previously.

Last edited:
when I watched the New York Pre-Fall last month I enjoyed a lot two outfits: Grace Elisabeth and Luna Bijl’s. I was hoping the brand would choose that kind of style, gorg and very sexy, very Versacesque a-la-Donatella.
Instead I found out hideous style, same casting, zero ideas.
And the supermodel at the end this time was just curiosity instead of a Wow!

This was the first show where I've been able to get through the live stream from start to finish, without clicking off due to extreme boredom. I liked the music, the smaller show space and the styling of the hair and makeup - quite a strong and cohesive collection from Donatella overall.

I'm particularly fond the of layering, the jewel-toned colours and the use of Richard Avedon's campaign image of Donatella. Per usual, I'm a fan of ALL the dresses which Donatella always does so wonderfully well and I'm particularly fond of that orange one Adut Akech wore (and of course all the black ones toward the end).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->