Versace S/S 2020 Milan

I thought to myself, this is surprisingly good for Versace. Then it took its usual left turn back to its high street lite designs. Those opening were quite strong, not anything new necessarily but visually appealing and modernly referential to the past. However it too literal in my opinion and you could sense the direction and surprisingly Jennifer comes out. Which was a neat moment but it doesn't excuse some of those looks.

(+ a few more missed looks)

nowfashion.com

I want to see Amber and Meisel reunited for this campaign! The original is unforgettable, so I'm really psyched about part two!
I agree... But it happened just about everyone attaches this dress to JLO, so if she or any other model in the campaign will happen the same thing again.

Amber has other iconic campaigns and Jennifer's story with Versace is amazing!

Now I thought it was kind of a mess actually, but better than the last few seasons. I liked that throwback print.

The shoulder-paddy dresses gave me Lanvin vibes though.

Yes! I was trying for ages to remember what collection those shoulders reminded me of! Lanvin!

Overall though it's a pretty streamline collection. Not a fan of some of the looks like Aduk's and Stella's but I do think it's a nice nod back to those early 00s looks and themes. t's not as trashy as some previous looks.

J.Lo!! Hands down already the best moment of this season. What a truly iconic moment. It does feel like it is the beginning of the 2000's with Jennifer having a Box Office smash and delivering iconic fashion moments.

I want to see Amber and Meisel reunited for this campaign! The original is unforgettable, so I'm really psyched about part two!

tfs

That would be awesome! That campaign is one of the best of all time. Nice to see Versace go back to its sexy DNA for this collection

The shoulder-paddy dresses gave me Lanvin vibes though.
They are very Lanvin in our recent memory but actually they are quite 80’s Versace....(and I know you know it)
It’s a pity that Donatella hasn’t fully explored late 70’s and 80’s Versace. There are some very beautiful and interesting stuff in there.
It’s like the designers at YSL who never really explored his work at Dior (except maybe some stuff from Tom and Stefano).

On first look (at least from thumbnail view) this looks atrocious.

However a proper look actually reveals one of Donatella's better collections in recent times. Very solid opening looks, through to some of the S/S 2000/J.Lo jungle prints. The embellishments and even some of the proportions actually remind me of Prada's glory days in places.

As soon as the 'Gianni Versace' t-shirts enter there are some ugly pieces that filter up into the mix though.

Weird and confusing, does the Versace woman wear mutton sleeves now? Ok...that awful embroidery must have ruined like 20 looks or so. I like the drapey stuff over shoulder pads but that's it. A second rate show through and through.

P.S: Let's be done with matching printed nylons for god's sake! Done to death already.

I guess someone has the obligation to cater to call girls in Miami.

Great casting! JLO stole the show pretty much.

Well first of all, when JLo walked out I actually lost my mind. I don't even like JLo and I am too young to remember the "moment" 20 yrs ago, but somehow Donatella knows how to create a moment and set the right stage to get everyone excited. And somehow she looks even better than she did 20 yrs ago. She's 50 and looks hotter than she did at 30! How does that work.
Loved those tiny dresses toward the end - very Versace. Even loved the cast - they mixed it up instead of doing their usual line up.

Great show. one of the top top best this season so far. love the shoes but they look soooo hard to walk in

This collection seemed to be set up as almost a retrospective of her years at Versace, referencing different elements.

My comment seems vague but I tried my best lol.

It's an ok, somewhat good collection ruined by styling and merchandising. Did we really need so many trinkets and bags on every single look? It reads as desperate and way too "merchandised".

Casting J.Lo was a great move and is sure to keep them on all of the top shows of the season list for that alone I would think. A moment that ranks up there with the tribute collection.

A lot of the clothes are forgettable though which makes me sad.

WOW... I'm impressed!

At this point not campaigning with Jennifer Lopez would be a step backwards and Versace would stop earning free publicity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->