Versace S/S 2022 : Donatella Versace, Bella Hadid, Gigi Hadid & Maluma by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I love that Donatella’s in it. The rest I don’t care for.

A lot of Avedon references in campaigns this season! This is quite spectacular. Gigi and Bella look incredible and the choice to include Donatella was brilliant. I can't stop staring at the third shot from the first preview, it's pure gold - the atmosphere, the dynamics, the looks!! I want it framed.

Never expected to be so impressed with this campaign and I must say I'm rather enjoying the modern rip-offs of past fashion photography giants that seems to be in trend right now. I wouldn't mind seeing more of those old ways in present day. Especially when it's done properly. Can't wait to see more of this!

Now if only they would publish a lengthy collectable catalogue as they used to in the old days...

Always love seeing Donatella! She was a great addition to the campaign. Can't wait to see more.

Meisel has had his entire career practicing the Avedon imitation to perfection, but M&M definitely win this round. The S/S 1993 campaign must have been all over their mood board for this. Can't complain though, the result is good enough (shame they didn't extend the mood/story to the men's campaign and went the insta f**boi route instead.)

This is a nice campaign, very joyful and sincerely emotional! The smiling shot is a little too Photo Booth for me, but the rest are so strong, and it is a pleasure to see Donatella, after all, she is an icon as a person herself too. I hope she has solo shots.

The first three photos really work for me. The smiling one is a little too casual.

Maluma is also in a couple additional photos with them, can be found on WWD.

Bella ate Gigi up in that 3rd pic, she can’t emote well but this is definitely the best I’ve seen her look in a few years. I know everyone avoids the topic because had a baby but her looks have really matured and I think they’ve worked out how to work to her new face. The Macy’s smiling shot should have been cut though it doesn’t fit

Last edited:
Wow! After such a long hiatus I’m loving Avedon’s comeback. First McQueen, now this. What’s next? Calvin Klein???

I'm sure the idea of a remake of this sounded good and like it would add some warmth to the campaign but that's literally the worst shot I've ever seen of Gigi, she could not look more like someone who failed at dethroning Jojo Siwa from opening toys or whatever that girl does, and I had already come to terms with her as a model (after her Isabel Marant appearances).

Ad aside, just gotta love Donatella's inflated ego... always styling herself like the models and pushing herself next to them like 'ah you're *just* like me when I was your age only a few years ago, it's like looking at the mirror!..' :lol:

overall it’s a very good campaign.
the metallic dresses picture and the one with Donatella are my favourites.

she should’ve used this combo for the previous ad (FW21) as the collection was much stronger than this SS22 mess.

anyway…

as Donatella decided to include herself in the campaign could this be an indicator that she’s stepping down?
who could replace her?

also, if ‘all this’ was for Versace SS22 that leaves ‘Fendi/ Versace’ SS22 (I won’t say that tacky word ever again) ‘open’… hopefully a strong cast!

I thought that the first picture with the Hadids and Donatella was shot by Meisel, the make-up is so Pat McGrath. But I was so wrong. Amazing pictures by M&M. I'm still not a fan of Maluma's part, even if he looks like a Grindr God.

One of my favorite campaigns so far (and I'm no campaign person at all). Unlike many, I like Gigi here (maybe it's just the fact I'm slowly getting her appeal lately) and Bella looks great as usual. I wouldn't call this brilliant but it suits my eyes. As for the man who appears on some pages, don't know who he is and don't really care for mens fashion actually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->