Versace S/S 2022 : Donatella Versace, Bella Hadid, Gigi Hadid & Maluma by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Bella, Gigi and Donatella turned this out and worked hard for the money. For what I found to be a lackluster, more of the same collection on the runway, I'm a bit intrigued.

However, on the menswear side, I couldn't care any less. There is nothing elevated or aspirational. Good for me, my wallet will stay full.

I am not impressed. Models in Avedon's campaigns always looked strong, expensive and powerful, almost like Greek sculptures.
Gigi should retire and join the cast of housewife of Miami or whatever. She is awful.
It sounds bad to say but she had looked off for a while and since having the baby her looks have notably changed…

Oké I love the images so much and now need Donatella to deliver on a collection that is actually worthy of this photographic treatment.

^Hahaha, that comment! I don't think the same, but it made me laugh so hard, more the bye at the end.

I don't care for Bella. She has one look. Gigi on the other hand, is far more engaging and natural. Both are not a good fit for this brand, but they are still an improvement over Kendall. As for Maluma, all I see is an average guy. Nothing special in the looks department. I miss the good old days when Versace was IT. Now it's one gimmick after another.

Hadids steals the show here. At least they can model unlike Kendall. Gigi looks like a supermodel from the late 80s (Michaela Bercu), and Bella from the early 90s (Carla Bruni). Thay have a vintage look that works. That's why Meisel work with both since beginning. I find they a good fitting for Versace and Moschino.

Even at her best Gigi isn't a high fashion model. She has a commercial look and a commercial vibe. In this campaign, she's trying so hard to look cute and sweet and smiley while Bella does the actual modeling.

It's going to be hard to beat this as my absolute favourite campaign of the season. All the elements are right - models look stunning, the clash of colors and prints as a nod to the 90s, the imitation of Avedon's timeless Versace campaigns. It just all works so well together! Even Maluma's shots grew on me since my initial review. I only hope that this isn't it for the campaign, I'd love to see many more shots to come. And I'm hoping that this same concept will be used on the Fendi x Versace campaign!

Here are all the (so far) released images in HQ (I'm still gushing over that shot of Bella and Gigi in those brightly colored chainmail dresses)

versace

In a weird way, M&M have managed to channel both Avedon and Meisel in one campaign. That shot of G&B in the chainmail is fabulous. I want to see more of that…

Even the Maluma shots are great. The problem is the clothes…or the styling. There’s something off about it…

Up there with the best advertising campaigns of the season, without a shadow of a doubt. The inclusion of Donatella herself was a brilliant decision and I'm always down for Bella and Gigi double act moment. Everything just feels so vibrant, glossy and just so quintessentially Versace. What's not to love?

its old Versace done well! nothing new though... was hoping we moved on from 1980s. its 2022 for ******'s sake!

Eyewear by Steven Klein:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->