Victoria Beckham for Marc Jacobs?

ilaughead said:
I actually like this idea. She'd be perfect for either of his S/S 07 collections.

(Everyone just has to keep in mind that he's doing it out of irony. Remember: Winona and Dakota? All of his men's ads? He's not trying to make glamourous ads.)

See now that makes sense. :innocent:

Everything about Marc Jacobs has become SO TRASHY that this wouldn`t surprise me :yuk:

I agree. This has made me so sad. As someone who buys pieces from Marc Jacobs (or used to), this would most definitely deter me.

Well, Marc HAS had a recent obsession with bling... who knows what he'll do next... I'm not surprised.

EEEWWWWWWWW never like that plastic woman and MJ's nuts if using her for his brand...
she can do for LV BUT NO MJ!!!!

yes, i agree....i could totally see posh for LV (although i do prefer scalette) it'd be like giselle for LV....

i liked dakota for marc jacobs, as i did winona....they're the hip crowd....like the indie superstars and that indie/underground/vintage/quirky sorta gal is what i associated with marc jacobs...i didn't see them as celeb stars like posh. she's exactly what MJ brand is not....i hope he doesn't use her, but im always amazed at what MJ and jergan teller manage to pull off with their ads and styling famous people in a different way than how we're used to seeingthem :smile:

u know what i see would be great for marc jacobs?
amy winehouse ha ha ha... she will rock!!!

I'd love to see what sort of riot an LV campaign with Victoria would be - I think something glorious could come out of that combination.

But VB for Marc Jacobs itself... that would be "a departure". But they usually come up with something interesting, so I'd have faith in the result if they felt that was the direction to go.

^ Yeah, it's on ONTD too

Victoria Beckham Confirmed, Shot for Marc Jacobs

WWD began the rumblings several months ago, and now we've heard from someone involved with the shoot that Victoria Beckham has indeed been styled, photographed, and paid (oh my, she was paid...) for the Spring '08 Marc Jacobs ads.

Juergen Teller did the honors and shot Posh Spice just after Halloween.

The move ensures two things in the land of MJ:

1. Like Dakota Fanning and Meg White before her, now that VB has been chosen by Marc himself, she's officially and undeniably cool. This is fine with us, because she seems pretty funny and smart.

2. Marc's done with his Violet Incredible obsession and he's moved onto finding the complications in glossed and glassy women, not shaggy and sharded girls. As his own appearance morphs and changes, his clothes edge into more implicit ideas about sex and identity - and so do his heroines. Dita and Victoria are the new Golden Girls here, and we've got to get used to it.

At least, for this season we will.

All I have to say it, I have no respect for him anymore, I'm disappointed, angry and just...annoyed that I've spent so much money buying his stuff.

Hum ... I love Jurgen and Becks ... and no Im not forgetting someone ... still will be looking forward for the ads

:clap: they totally deserve each other :buzz:

SS08 was crap and so is Posh!

I can't wait to see the disaster :D

I kinda like Posh in a weird way...she's so ridiculous, it's truly hilarious to watch. She's not even kidding either...she really seems to take her whole style of life seriously...like the no smiling and pouting...LOL

her expressions while watching Mel on Dancing With The Stars were priceless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->