Virtual Valentino - 50 years of archives showcased online

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Valentino Garavani Virtual Museum - Sneak Peek

By Erin Donnelly 11/21/11 at 10:45 AM

Trust Valentino Garavani to come up with the gift that keeps on giving.
On December 5, the esteemed designer and business partner Giancarlo Giammetti will launch the Valentino Garavani Virtual Museum, a downloadable desktop application showcasing 50 years of fashion.
Designed to look like a museum and covering 10,000+ square meters, the high-tech app will use 3-D technology to bring Garavani's work to life, with footage of 95 fashion shows and more than 5,000 archival sketches, campaigns, red carpet photographs, and dress images on offer.
You might want to clear your schedule for a while ...
Garavani, who is the first international fashion designer to bring his body of work online in permanent exhibition form, will officially launch the online archive with a press conference, which will be live streamed on YouTube.
Is it too early to call in sick?

I :heart: the Valentino archives - so many breathtaking pieces, this is so exciting!!!! Also, Mr. Garavani is staying active and on trend in his retirement, good for him. :smile:

Wow, we finally get to see Valentino's Archive's, I love it!

Other designers.... take note.... pretty please.

I'd die to see the archive IRL, but this is great as well! can't wait!

this is fantastic. every other major designer / house should follow and do the same thing.

Really great idea, I for sure can't wait to check it out.

Thanks for the video, Flashbang.
As far as I'm concerned, Valentino was the master of all things fashion. So, it will be a dream to see this virtual museum. Can't wait!
I will definitely call in sick. :wink:

This is SICK!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: Its like I died and gone to haute couture heaven and Valentino was waiting at the front gate lol. Only four days away. I cant wait! :woot: :woot: :woot:

i'd like to see a YSL version of this...

:innocent:...

I'm out-of-the-world excited for this!
I hope we won't have to pay for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->