Vogue Australia April 2010 : Rosie Tupper by Nicole Bentley

Ah thrilled that they reprinted the Demarchelier edit from Vogue China. Hopefully they also reprint Anna's from the same issue.
Can't wait to get my hands on this issue (still waiting for the February issue to surface on the stands). Thanks for the review!

Rosie's editorial is soft, lovely, and pretty... but also extremely boring, sorry.

Rosie's editorial is soft, lovely, and pretty... but also extremely boring, sorry.

I had one look at the editorial and it was like "moody beach landscape, tick, airy pastel dresses, tick, angelic looking girls, tick" - it's like an Australia's Next Model Challenge!! In the last season the challenge was for the final 3 to do a challenge with exactly the same factors!

Rosie is looking so so so wonderful!
What a cute and adorable face... thanks a lot for the great scans birdyandme!

Soft Focus is either a tribute of a blatant rip-off of Age of Innocence, the landscapes, the styling, the poses Rosie was asked to do.. I'm sure US Bazaar was lying somewhere around there during the shoot.
It's still a lovely story anyway, it just kind of makes you want to look at the original thing for hours instead of wasting time on it.

I love the cover so much! I've seen this in bookstores, and I'm thinking if I should buy it. I'm always a bit hesitant with Vogue, probably because US Vogue's left such a bad impression on me.

Soft Focus is either a tribute of a blatant rip-off of Age of Innocence, the landscapes, the styling, the poses Rosie was asked to do.. I'm sure US Bazaar was lying somewhere around there during the shoot.
It's still a lovely story anyway, it just kind of makes you want to look at the original thing for hours instead of wasting time on it.

Agree...

I put together pics of Age of Innocence and pics of Soft Focus
When it comes to that point, I find it pretty embarrassing...

source: natalia-v.net, foto_decadent

^wow thats kind of shocking to look at the two together like that. Embarrassing.

Wow I just came back to this thread - you're right, they're embarrassingly similar :\ This really can be used as a metaphor to describe Vogue Australia overall can't it :s

i just got this issue today. LOVE the whole thing. I'm no fan of VA usually, given that half the magazine is a reprint of Vogue US; however, this is soooo fresh and interesting (specially since i'd never seen patrick's editorial which is just genius)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->