Vogue Australia August 2020 : Adut Akech by Christine Centenera

It's not a spectacular cover, but I want to buy it.

I like it cause it’s weird and different but also what a terrible photograph why she crouching over a towel

I’m not sure what’s happening and that would be a very unflattering photo for any model and yet I somehow like the cover?

I like the intention but the results fell as flat as that towel. Wondering if the editorial will all be shoot from above or are we gonna have different gimmicky angles from which to admire Adut?

^^^Crikey! :shock: That can be construed in 1001 different ways, most of which won't be ok.

Anyway, this is surprisingly better than most working photographers, I'd have thought it was shot by I&V?
The red will stand out on newsstands and I like the glossiness of the image, but someone from that angle will never be flattering. Plus the placement of her hand looks off. It would have been great to give Charlee a separate cover as well, she's way overdue.

Vogue Australia almost have no real competition now that Elle and Harper's are gone. That doesn't necessarily mean they can gobble up all the advertising and continue to do as they wish. To the contrary, they would probably have to hone in more on their 'young and diverse' aesthetic in order to stand. But it will also be interesting to see if Edwina can court former Elle/Harper's readers.

As I said in another thread, fashion photography is truly dead (especially after watching Franca's documentary just a few days ago). The sad thing is that the people inside the industry itself that is butchering it.

Category is Run-of-the-mill Social Media Influencer Instagram Post

A wasted potential. Love the colors though.

Vogue Australia almost have no real competition now that Elle and Harper's are gone. That doesn't necessarily mean they can gobble up all the advertising and continue to do as they wish.

It should serve as a warning - the print industry in Australia is dying. One mistake, you're out. That can refer to Edwina as EIC or the magazine in its entirety.

Meh. It's far from best, but it's my favorite of her Vogue Australia covers yet.

Vogue Australia August 2020

Future Moves

Photographer & Stylist: Christine Centenera
Hair: Sophie Roberts
Makeup: Kellie Stratton
Cast: Adut Akech

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member