Cast: Charlee Fraser

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Vogue Australia January 2020

Now Wave

Photographer: Nicole Bentley
Stylist: Kate Darvill
Hair: Koh
Makeup: Kellie Stratton
Cast: Manahou Mackay, Billie Smolsy, Cameron Stephens, Nova Orchid, Allison Hampton

Vogue Viewpoint: Fresh Start

Photographer: Bec Parsons
Stylist: Kate Darvill
Hair: Michelle McQuillan
Makeup: Molly Warkentin
Cast: Nuria Rothschild

Vogue Beauty: Go Your Own Way

Photographer: Steven Pan
Stylist: Michelle Cameron
Hair: Hiro Mari
Makeup: Violette
Cast: Songwa Oh, Carissa Pinkston :lol:. If only Edwina knew what Carissa gets up to in her free time....

Reprint from Vogue Ukraine

What a missed opportunity to give Charlee her way overdue OG VA cover because that editorial is spectacular! Wonder whether her recent Harper's group cover with Gemma didn't ruin her chances. Because the close-up with that black halter would've made a perfect cover. If ever there was an editorial that encapsulates what I consider Vogue Australia to be about or Australian fashion in general, this is it. Effortless glamour without being dumbed down or OTT theatrics. The entire cred delivered here!

Quite impressed with the new models edit as well. Vogue Australia is at its best when they stay true to their own season and aesthetic instead of kowtowing to the much-hyped 'fall-winter' of other countries.

Wait, what!? They only have one image of Adut inside!?

Wait, what!? They only have one image of Adut inside!?

Correct, and that shot should have been the actual cover, if they had to give her yet another one. I personally think it's overmuch at this rate.

The dress she's wearing is McQueen, as someone pointed out, likely to fall in line with Vogue Values because apparently it is repurposed from previous collections. And she's wearing minimal makeup in both shots.

From Adut's feature.....call me cold but I find this cornier than Taylor Swift's Love Story video:

Naomi Campbell, for example, she is now like a mum figure to me. I call her mother. She was the first family I had when I first moved to New York. And, I mean, she plays a very important role in my life. She’s a very big support in my career and just my life in general. I’ve met Edward [Enninful, British Vogue editor-in-chief], who I absolutely adore, and I call him my Papa. I feel like I am protected, and I’m safe when they’re around and I know that they have my back, no matter what.

Full interview here

Life Aquatic looks like an update version of something Testino could have done a decade ago for US Vogue.
Now Wave looks like a lost child of Bruce Weber and Jamie Hawkesworth...

That being said, solid issue even if a lot of shots inside are more cover worthy than the cover itself...
And I expected more from Adut.

I was waiting for minutes for more photos of Adut to load. This can’t be real.

Nice issue otherwise.

What a terrible issue! I love January issues, but this is just such a let down! Almost, full issue of reprints, and only Davidson showed up like a pale copy of Testino? They can do better, and hopefully in 2020, they will!

I like the new typeface that they're using in some editorials. At least it does not seem pretentious (and the old typeface reminds me of a local fashion magazine here that I used to collect.)

I like the new typeface that they're using in some editorials. At least it does not seem pretentious (and the old typeface reminds me of a local fashion magazine here that I used to collect.)
preview or mega magazine ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
156sprinter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->