Vogue Australia August 2024 : Victoria Beckham by Daniel Jackson

Yes, this is the ideal outfit to wear when you want to appear as though a huge black butterfly is slowly consuming you. A daring fashion choice that will confound and perplex everyone at the party!

seaweed left behind on the shore
That is a very Aussie beach thing though especially in winter, so maybe that's the intention 😂

I enjoy a little bit of Posh here and there, I just don't get why she's in Vogue Australia. I didn't think we cared THAT much for her to warrant this. And I don't know what is wrong with their minds, but Aussie stylists are just so out of sync. Either too much or not enough, and yet there's no signature or intrigue to it. God we can be so bloody boring and forced at times.

Admittedly, I don't mind the sight of this - most certainly not the worst Victoria Beckham cover of Vogue I've came across. I'm able to appreciate the simplicity of the cover shot, how the focus is sorely on the subject and the dress. It's a strong cover shot, IMO.

All those wonderful clothes from this past season and this is what they came up with the shot with her sitting down is not bad the shot was with her and the large platforms are not bad but everything else is questionable but it's just the styling too much of a mix trying too hard

You know what's another problem with Victoria Beckham photoshoot is that it seems very dated, like 2015 this would really been the sh*t.

Australian Vogue suffers from being an independent Vogue, devoid of quality control from Wintour. It's a satellite Vogue licensed under a different publisher and they kowtow to Christine because she is their only means of being connected to the European and American image making industry. Without her they would struggle to attract the highest tier of talent and photographers. Having said that, a lot of the work they produce for covers is lazy and insipid. This is a good example. It's yet another bland Dan Jackson cover. She should consider giving the cover opportunity to someone hungry that has ideas that go beyond a white wall.

@signifier Vogue Australia has always been slightly "off" compared to the other worldwide Vogues, for as long as I can remember. Even before all the global content sharing non-sense took off. Always a bit tragic for a fashion magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnV
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->