Vogue Australia December 2014 : Gemma Ward by Emma Summerton

...I think some of Gemma's most memorable work were editorials where she was transformed or just used for fun, different concepts with unique styling and I want lots of that for her comeback, too. Not saying that this is on the same level, but it's obviously unexpected and I like that. It's nice to see she still has "it" and is up for being used for cool conceptual stuff.

Yep, I'm with you, at least Vogue Australia took a risk here and did something creatively out of the box.

For those who are saying "it looks too photoshopped", you're entirely missing the point of the collaboration, it's supposed to look digitally created.

Who better than to do a sci-fi futuristic shot with than the otherworldly Gemma Ward?

Sure the execution could have been a little better, but still, this is pretty rad and interesting when you get right down to it.

HQ Cover:

wearesodroee.com

let the Vogue fest begin! Hideous background but you know she's that beautiful when you forget the background and focus on her. ahhh so happy

It's not every day that you see a cover set in a sci-fi laundrette. She looks as thrilled about it as I am.

it's an ok cover but i am not really that interested in her "comeback" .. seeing how she looked at prada..not a model, the look has changed now

10509495_10152356678652461_3394528593836428848_n_zps51253037.jpg

source: facebook.com/vogueaustralia​

This wasn't the comeback I was hoping for.. It hardly looks like her.

She reminds me of Heather Marks here and that thumb is horrible.

it´s really quiet bad. her face looks dead, though i love Gemma, but it is obviously different. if she doesn´t come back, she is legend, now she comes back but loses what she had before. Everything has changed:(

I believe Gemma is wearing Dior couture on the cover.

I am sorry but this is really Vogue Taiwan level.

It's awesome to see Gemma back but this shoot looks straight out of America's Next Top Model. What even is this set? Spaceship Chic? :lol:

Love me some Gemma, but the creative here is just as bad as Gwyneth's dismal US Vogue May 2008 cover.

Yes it's a bad cover, but it's Gemma and she's back! Who cares! Gemma's back!

Gemma Rising
Model: Gemma Ward
Photographer: Emma Summerton
Stylist: Christine Centenera

glossynewsstand.com

Self Love
Model: Janice Alida
Photographer: Nocole Bentley
Stylist: Christine Centenera

glossynewsstand.com

The Future Is Bright
Model: Lindsey Wixson