Vogue Australia December 2018 : Adut Akech by Charlie Dennington

Such a stunning shot with great energy! Love the dress against her beautiful skin. Could of done without the strange flowers photoshopped on! Still love any magazine cover with Adut on.

The flowers make no sense in what, otherwise, would be a great cover. I'm usually not a fan of this happy and colourful shots as they seem forced quite easily but this one warms my heart.

I´m disappointed, I was expecting so much more. The styling and flowers are terrible imo. At least it´s colorful for summer... hope that the editorial is better.

Absolutely gorgeous cover. (also that baby is a born model lol!)

WOW! Stunning cover.

And the flowers... maybe is because is spring/summer there?

Kids and Vogue never match (look at the Beckhams covers), but this is really good. Nothing exagerated. Love to see her everywhere, I want a Vogue Mexico cover with her. She's the model of this year, definitely. What a gorgeous girl :smile:

This cover made me smile. It looks and feels so pure.

Ultimately it's a beautiful cover and definitely a winner for Adut and VA. Miles ahead of the Meisel cover. I like the bright and positive vibes, definitely very summery, and it should look unique on the Australian newsstand. But I'd firstly have ditched the random photoshopped flowers which is just very Dutch Vogue, and definitely toned down the styling. One can tell it was styled by Jillian Davidson, who has been responsible for Cindi Leive last few awful covers. She doesn't know the meaning of the word restraint.

I also thought it a bit odd that they chose to put her baby sister on the cover too. Knowing Australian magazines obsession with babies, I guess it makes sense. But I wonder how many passers-by will assume whether it's her baby. The subtext. :wacko:

I actually prefer her kitschy Vogue UK cover over this one. The photoshopped flowers make absolutely no sense to me; they could have given her a bloom to hold if they wanted to go for a literal spring mood.

I think that the flower is collage by an Australian artist. If you read the instagram of Jillian

Love everything about this cover - Adut, her baby sister, even the flowers seem suitable here... Very bright and summery.

So happy for Adut, she is having such a great year!

So happy for Adut, she is having such a great year!

I imagine she must feel rather chuffed with herself, deservedly so. Hers is a truly heartwarming story.

It´s BEAUTIFULLLLLLLL !!! Love her face, the pose, the dress, the drama and the flower is great to me and you read better ``Australia´´. Much better than the Vogue UK cover for sure.

Very happy for Adut! She is really the model of the year!
She better get a lot of campaigns...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamballe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->