Vogue Australia February 2020 : Elsa Pataky & Family by Benny Horne

Perfect for Vogue Australia but I’m failing to understand the inclusion of the children here, especially given the fact they’re blatantly looking elsewhere in the cover shot and are strategically wearing masks throughout the editorial. Why bother? Elsa could’ve just participated on her own, giving us all the server girl vibes without the kids.

A missed opportunity, especially after Elsa photographed so wonderfully by Nicole Bentley for Australian Vogue back in May 2018!

Is this a joke??? Isn´t this a fan made cover????? Coz it sure does looks like it ! OMG I meannn ANYBODY could have done that with Paint in 10min sharp !!! And who in hell has done this layout ??? People from Vogue?????? VOGUE????? I can´t lol I literally can´t. And indeed what´s the purpose to have her kids on the cover when you´re going to hide them???

Oh whoa! I hate this, i mean i LOVED the cover with Elle and her sons, i liked how commercial, and beautiful it was, but this just doesn't work!

Also why are their releases so late, each month?

Why have them on the cover, but crop one face out, make one look the other way, and the other back against the camera? Its stupid tbh. Ruined the image. A missed opportunity

Has Edwina lost the plot? Why Elsa Pataky, who is one notch above Lara Bingle whom they consistently ignore? She's just such an odd choice for Vogue. Especially considering she appeared on Australian Tatler Bazaar fairly recently.

I find the 'protect the kids from public scrutiny' pose very odd considering she's with them on the cover of a magazine presumably pushing family values. And the little boy in front blocks any sight of her dress (this is still a fashion magazine), not sure how the 'photographer' didn't pick up on that when he put it forward for a cover. Nicole Bentley should've shot this. She has a far better understanding of blocking family portraits (see the Teresa Palmer cover.)

Years ago Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner waged a legal battle for the right to protect their children's privacy from pap intrusion. It's the reason why we see children's eyes often blocked out in tabloids. My thoughts back then were that for every one of them there are at least a dozen Elsa Patakys and Kim Kardashians who would see nothing wrong to push their kids into the limelight. I wonder how they would feel about covers like these.

Wow, another motherhood cover is exactly what we needed! Thanks Edwina.

And the little boy in front blocks any sight of her dress (this is still a fashion magazine)
LOL, I didn’t notice the kid blocking her dress at all, before you mentioned it :rofl:

Has Edwina lost the plot? Why Elsa Pataky, who is one notch above Lara Bingle whom they consistently ignore? She's just such an odd choice for Vogue. Especially considering she appeared on Australian Tatler Bazaar fairly recently.

One word: access. Edwina it seems is not as interested in big cover scoops as much as giving the illusion that Australian Vogue can get the kind of exclusive access to the big stars that Kirstie Clements-era Vogue could never have dreamed. I think this cover is more about access to our biggest Box Office star. The hint is in the line 'family first'. I know she's famous in her own right in Spain, but much less here.

One word: access. Edwina it seems is not as interested in big cover scoops as much as giving the illusion that Australian Vogue can get the kind of exclusive access to the big stars that Kirstie Clements-era Vogue could never have dreamed. I think this cover is more about access to our biggest Box Office star. The hint is in the line 'family first'. I know she's famous in her own right in Spain, but much less here.

Elsa used to be very famous like 10 years ago ahahah she´s not talked about at all nowdays in Spain.

using kids as props that don´t even bring anything to the cover :judge:
is this like a last minute cover shoot because of the fires and the family donation?

I know - "Puts family first"? Ahead of what? Of being a selfish career woman? Of being her own person?

Why has Vogue suddenly decided to promote regressive values for women dressed up in sheep's clothing?

That article was completely vapid, nobody wants to read about her real life Big Little Lies life. NEXT!

Is there any sort of public interest in her in Australia? Or even in her Husband? I know he’s considered a big star, but his success as an actor seems relegated to appearances in an established franchise (Marvel) and anytime Hollywood tries to use his alleged star power to open a movie (Blackhat, Rush, Men in Black: International, etc.) it flops majorly. Is there any fascination with his life, his wife, his family? I can only speak for myself but I find him, her, and this cover completely banal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->