Vogue Australia February 2020 : Elsa Pataky & Family by Benny Horne

Is there any sort of public interest in her in Australia? Or even in her Husband? I know he’s considered a big star, but his success as an actor seems relegated to appearances in an established franchise (Marvel) and anytime Hollywood tries to use his alleged star power to open a movie (Blackhat, Rush, Men in Black: International, etc.) it flops majorly. Is there any fascination with his life, his wife, his family? I can only speak for myself but I find him, her, and this cover completely banal.
It's the sex appeal, and the fact that they're a good looking and famous couple with children

I get that they’re attractive and famous with children, but there are loads of people who fit the bill. Additionally, he’s the more famous (and, dare I say, more famously good looking) of the two and he’s nowhere to be seen. And she isn’t flaunting sex appeal she’s flaunting her children. What does she have to promote and does the public give a hoot about her? I consider myself fairly up on pop culture and I didn’t even know they had more than 1 child, prior to seeing this cover. But perhaps it’s different in Australia.

Vogue Australia February 2020

A Beautiful Life

Photographer: Benny Horne
Stylist: Kate Darvill
Hair: Sophie Roberts
Makeup: Kellie Stratton
Cast: Elsa Pataky

[URL='http://imgbox.com/KfT0ek37'] [/URL]

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

The Edge of the Earth

Photographer: Will Davidson
Stylist: Philippa Moroney
Makeup: Kellie Stratton
Cast: Charlee Fraser

Vogue Viewpoint: Form Follows Function

Photographer: Duncan Killick
Stylist: Philippa Moroney
Makeup: Filomena Natoli
Cast: Saria White

So they have Charlee issue after issue for months now, but won't give her an OG cover? Choices.

So they have Charlee issue after issue for months now, but won't give her an OG cover? Choices.

Lol, don't get me started on that actually. I do understand why they'd be apprehensive - Charlee just had that Harper's group cover with Gemma and Alexandra Agoston so they'd naturally want to avoid a double booking. Something which Edwina seems very aware of. She mentioned in an interview that Nicole Kidman turned down a US Vogue cover in favour of a Vogue Australia cover in 2015. Pretty sure Kidman wouldn't have done that on her own accord, Edwina probably asked her to.

But yes, an OG Charlee cover is way overdue!

I'm really quite impressed that Philippa Moroney got such a long edit, finally! Her future looks bright. All the edits look quite decent imo, even the cover one.

She mentioned in an interview that Nicole Kidman turned down a US Vogue cover in favour of a Vogue Australia cover in 2015. Pretty sure Kidman wouldn't have done that on her own accord, Edwina probably asked her to.

I kind of doubt Edwina was telling the truth here. Nicole Kidman was on the cover of US Vogue's August 2015 issue and on the September 2015 issue of Vogue Australia. For one thing, it seems highly improbably an actress would turn down the September cover of US Vogue if they were offered it. Also, I can't imagine Anna getting turned down like that and then saying "Oh ok, that's fine we'll just immediately give you another cover, just a month sooner". And September? 2015 was not a standout year for Nicole and her career had been going in a less-than-stellar direction for years. It wasn't until 2016/2017 that the Nicole Kidman career renaissance really kicked in. Add to that, Beyonce was on the September cover of US Vogue that year. Was she really a secondary choice? I don't see it.

Reactions: MON
I kind of doubt Edwina was telling the truth here. Nicole Kidman was on the cover of US Vogue's August 2015 issue and on the September 2015 issue of Vogue Australia. For one thing, it seems highly improbably an actress would turn down the September cover of US Vogue if they were offered it. Also, I can't imagine Anna getting turned down like that and then saying "Oh ok, that's fine we'll just immediately give you another cover, just a month sooner". And September? 2015 was not a standout year for Nicole and her career had been going in a less-than-stellar direction for years. It wasn't until 2016/2017 that the Nicole Kidman career renaissance really kicked in. Add to that, Beyonce was on the September cover of US Vogue that year. Was she really a secondary choice? I don't see it.

So you're calling Edwna liar lol.
Look, I've just listened to the podcast again to make sure I didn't get the years mixed up. That September cover which Nicole shot for Vogue Australia was apparently tied to a ceremonial 'handing back' of land to Aboriginal people, who also held a traditional women's ceremony to honour her father's passing. Edwina invited Nicole to be part of it, partly because she's a UN ambassador. Also, it marked the first exclusive Vogue Australia covershoot Nicole did in decades because of some kerfuffle with the previous editor in chief. So it was a big deal, and Nicole knew it was a big deal.

You'd have to be rather wicked to cook up an elaborate lie like this.

It's not that I'd define Edwina as a liar, it's just that her claim doesn't hold up. I'm not questioning the reasoning for Nicole being on the cover for September of Australian Vogue, I'm just questioning the detail about her turning down a US Vogue cover in order to do so. Maybe Edwina was misinformed! Maybe Nicole's PR people told the Vogue Australia team they'd turned down US Vogue's September issue in favor of Vogue Australia just to boost their ego or something.

It's not that I'd define Edwina as a liar, it's just that her claim doesn't hold up. I'm not questioning the reasoning for Nicole being on the cover for September of Australian Vogue, I'm just questioning the detail about her turning down a US Vogue cover in order to do so. Maybe Edwina was misinformed! Maybe Nicole's PR people told the Vogue Australia team they'd turned down US Vogue's September issue in favor of Vogue Australia just to boost their ego or something.

King, the reasoning (which imo is solid) is partly why she turned Anna down. But anyway, semantics, lol.
It may well be that Nicole's PR told porky pies but then again, such a pointless lie when you think about it.

But part of my point is that It’s extremely unlikely she ever DID turn her down. Anna offered September to Nicole (who at that point hadn’t had a big hit or an Oscar nomination in years, as far as I can remember), was so unbothered by her turning it down that she immediately gave her another cover, and then had to go with a secondary option - Beyonce?! Makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->