Vogue Australia February 2023 by Joe Brennan

ChicSaks

Reaction score
009a8c68.jpg

VOGUE Australia Digital Edition

Who still does Valentine themed issues, and in such a corny way too with the red and white?

Also, who are these people....

We are truly in the digital age because this is 100% targeted for click bait, and amass ad/page views and engagement, NOT sales. This well be a hot topic on social media for sure, but is it Vogue? That is a different discussion altogether.

Don’t get me wrong. I, for one, am for inclusivity and diversity. But these movements are not, and should never be, mutually exclusive with fashion, creativity, and exquisite photography. Time and again, magazines think that supporting equality is a license to forget the magazines’ respective identities and verge on pedestrian. Wake up.

The magazine industry has been dying for years — a death exacerbated by the pandemic, and solidified by pedestrian visions.

The cover isn't doing a good job explaining who the cover subjects are. Perhaps they're instantly recognizable in Australia, but I'm clueless here. Are they LGBTQ+ activists? Would-be models? Influencers? Random girls/gays/theys they dragged off the street?

Is this the first issue of the new HEC or it's a transition one?

Not being Australian, I don't know who these people are, but I've seen far worse covers, and I like the way the video celebrates people getting print copies of the issue, and it being special and important to have the magazine in your hands.

For me the real pride issue was Vogue Polska June issue last year, no one will beat that

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balazsmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->