Vogue Australia February 2024 : Nicole Kidman by Steven Klein

My immediate instinct was to loathe this entirely but for some bizarre reason - I'm a fan! Magazines in general are so stale nowadays, that something different and something completely unexpected is appreciated. A little V Magazine and unconventional for what I typically like but I am intrigued to see more.

The shadows on her face are really annoying me, it looks like an oil painting.

That being said I actually like this if it were for V (maybe even W when Edward was there) not Vogue.

It looks cartoon-ish, but you know what, I'm all for it! It's rare to see bold cover choices on Vogue, let alone it's Nicole Kidman on the cover.

It's seriously giving me Naomi Campbell's first March cover under Edward. Very unconventional yet new to the eyes.

I love it because it´s Nicole and I have a soft spot for when she does this type of "fun" editorials. I don´t like how the nose is the center of attention but well, you can´t have it all :D

SK‘s aesthetic is getting so outdated.

I like it but it's not giving Vogue - more like W.

It does look like a cover for V. It doesn’t have that ‘effortlessness’ a Vogue cover should have

More of Nicole Kidman by Steven Klein:

Looks like a Richard Phillips painting LOL

dirty-vegas-richard-phelps-3.jpg

Steven Klein is just churning out dud after dud; he seems overly past his prime, sadly.

Vogue Australia is that girl in high school who tries to be every style and eery popular opinion but has none herself, in every desperate attempt to fit in. Christine is typical of so many women working in the industry espousing the overly rehearsed corporate rhetoric of female empowerment and strength in diversity etc etc, but ending up with a Vogue that’s just another forgettable lapdog to Edward's Vogue, and may as well be produced by AI algorithm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->