Vogue Australia June 2013 : Candice Swanepoel by Victor Demarchelier

More often than not I would praise a studio shoot with a grey background, but this particular cover shot looks very tedious. I think if Candice was smiling or just giving us a hint of expression the cover would have been lifted. The fonts aren't doing the cover much justice either. They're even overpowering the masthead here.

I'm so ready for this model series to be over, their covers were much better before it. That peplum top she's wearing is :sick:

I don't like it, the past few covers look like it's Marie Claire, especially this one.

Beautiful, but a little boring. Here's hoping her ed is more interesting and not all stagnant studio shots like Miranda's was.

something about Victor's quality comes off as cheap to me. also don't think he really has a signature look that makes you think its his work

something about Victor's quality comes off as cheap to me. also don't think he really has a signature look that makes you think its his work

I couldn't agree more, you took the words out of my mouth, every shoot he did for Spanish Vogue or his recent works always seem to lack something. He doesn't have that magic wow factor in his pictures yet, unlike his father.

photo15ky.jpg

source: my snap
The cover does certainly look better in your hands. It's just a shame about the bland background.

Here is some more information about the issue.
South African model Candice Swanepoel features on Vogue's annual body issue. The modern bombshell, known for her turns on the Victoria's Secret runway, is resplendent on the cover wearing Burberry. She was styled by Katie Mossman and photographed by Victor Demarchelier in New York, exclusively for Vogue Australia. Vogue's creative director Jillian Davison also styles Swanepoel in a provocative shoot inspired by Catwoman in Paris shot by the renowned photographed Hans Feuer.
Vogue June 2013 is on sale May 20.
source: vogue.com.au

Vogue Australia June 2013 review:
176 pages

Sweet as Candi
Sugar and spice and all things striped.
M. Candice Swanepeol/IMG
Ph. Victor Demarchelier
F'Ed. Katie Mossman
Hair. Didie Maligne
Make-up. Alice Lane
10 pages
( Cover shoot in New York, it's quite a simple editorial. The styling is very VS Pink style. Youthful and fresh, it's obviously Candice's 'modelling comfort zone'.).

Wild Cat
Whip your wardrobe into shape with subversive black leather.
M. Candice Swanepoel/IMG
Ph. Hans Feurer
F'Ed. Jillian Davison
Hair. Maxime Mace
Make-up. Fredrik Stambro
10 pages
(Photographed on the streets of Paris, this editorial is dynamite. Jillian's styling is so on point and I am a fan of Feurer's work. In some shots, Candice is quite reminiscent of Miranda)

Don't Forget About Me
Our favourite teen queen of the 1980's, Molly Ringwald is now an accomplished writer and singer, and this month she's heading our way.
M. Molly Ringwald
Ph. Patrick Fraser
F'Ed. Kris Zero
Hair. Pamela Neal
Make-up. Stephen Sollitto
6 pages
(Editorial/article, shot in a 80's diner. Molly looks beautiful. Great read too)

Poster Girl
When Robyn Lawley finally grew to love her body, success and a wide-reaching shift in attitude towards healthy and beauty followed.
M. Robyn Lawley/BGM Models
Ph.Stephen Warn
F'Ed. Rebecca Caratti
Hair. Alan White
Make-up. Victoria Baron
4 pages
(Editorial/article on Robyn's new swimwear range; a very natural and simple shoot.)

Amber Valetta W Magazine editorial reprint.

Notable Articles:
Captain America
Article/interview with Michael Kors on his label and first foray into Australia with his first store in Sydney.

^That looks terribly boring.Vogue Australia's supermodel series was totally a disaster,except Lara's one.

Thanks for the review, AL92. Hans Feurer's editorial sounds very promising, I too love most of his work and with a bombshell like Candice, I have high expectations. I even look forward to Victor Demarchelier's story because I do love a good studio shoot. It's just unfortunate the cover as a whole has turned out so bland.

Looking forward to the Hans Feurer & Jillian Davison, Wild Cat editorial! Thanks for posting the review, AL92!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
156sprinter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->