Vogue Australia March 2013 : Lara Stone by Angelo Pennetta

This looks a lot like a Vogue Paris Brigitte Bardot cover from February 1973.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this sub and newstand cover? I love the direction of VA atm, even if its a miss or not the content has been different.

I agree with iluvjeisa, this is so Vogue Paris! It looks very Roitfeld-Vogue Paris-Alt-Testino. The editorial team need to spend less time looking at Vogue Paris back issues and start focusing on creating a dynamic and interesting magazine on its own terms.

Ever since Clements left, Vogue Australia has felt far too derivative of other international additions. So maybe she was a little bland, but at least her aesthetic was somewhat Australian in feeling!

Besides, "the return of curves" and Lara Stone? Seriously? So irrelevant! And please I hope there isn't an editorial on pregnancy and fashion! I mean, can they be any more obvious in stealing Carine Roitfeld's aesthetic and ideas? So embarrassing.

I agree with iluvjeisa, this is so Vogue Paris! It looks very Roitfeld-Vogue Paris-Alt-Testino. The editorial team need to spend less time looking at Vogue Paris back issues and start focusing on creating a dynamic and interesting magazine on its own terms.

Ever since Clements left, Vogue Australia has felt far too derivative of other international additions. So maybe she was a little bland, but at least her aesthetic was somewhat Australian in feeling!

Besides, "the return of curves" and Lara Stone? Seriously? So irrelevant! And please I hope there isn't an editorial on pregnancy and fashion! I mean, can they be any more obvious in stealing Carine Roitfeld's aesthetic and ideas? So embarrassing.

I'm sorry I must disagree. Personally, Clements' work was very stale and lacked any dynamic ideas. Execution was poor and much of the work looked quite trivial.

What I appreciate what the new team is doing is that it is mixing international high fashion with a local spin. The editorials have a level of intrigue and quality that really lacked previously. They have fantastic contributors (photographers and fashion editors) creating concepts and fashion images that are highly arresting. Vogue Australia needed this creative change.

Australian readers don't necessarily need to have everything 'Australiana' right in their faces. I believe most readers appreciate the European high-fashion edge. Also, its not like McCann is disregarding the Australian spirit. The December issue fully embodied and captured the Australian aesthetic.

And sure the cover line is bit of a miss but rest assured, there is no pregnancy editorial. I'm glad they didn't go for that cliche.

:flower:

I love it. I might actually buy VA for the first time in months.

They must have done a close-up because she would have been showing/not super comfortable about being pregnant? I don't love the cover line either, but the text works with the picture - the picture is a bit raw and not my favourite, but it kind of works.

oh yes, styled by Christine Centenera.

With a more unexpected model it could have been cool and interesting, but with Lara it just feels lazy, and we're left to compare it to one of her gazillion covers for other magazines.

With a more unexpected model it could have been cool and interesting, but with Lara it just feels lazy, and we're left to compare it to one of her gazillion covers for other magazines.

great point, i think this is why i don't like it so much

From the Editor's Letter:
This issue marks the start of the Model Series, consisting of five collectable editions featuring international supermodels on our covers (including some Australians, but we will keep you guessing), each shot by a different photographer. I hope you will collect all five and keep them in the beautiful purpose-designed box that will be on sale next month with our April issue.

Pretty interesting initiative!

That is a great idea, i always will support that, cant wait to see others.

i loooove this cover! Lara looks so beautiful.

I really truly love this! Can't wait to see what's inside ^_^

I actually really like this. You can never go wrong with a close up of Lara. :P

...I agree that the layout of the cover and font does make it look like a W cover. Not that's a bad thing or anything...^_^

If this is a collectors edition is their more than one cover? what exactly makes this a collectors edition?

Usually the words "collector's edition" are shorthand for "let's try suckering people into buying this by claiming something special on the front, in the hope that they won't notice that the rest of the issue is even worse than usual" - so my heart sinks when I see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->