Vogue Australia March 2013 : Lara Stone by Angelo Pennetta

Usually the words "collector's edition" are shorthand for "let's try suckering people into buying this by claiming something special on the front, in the hope that they won't notice that the rest of the issue is even worse than usual" - so my heart sinks when I see them.

The collector's edition, and the next upcoming 4 issues, is more of a initiative by the editor to create covers/editions that have a collectable quality i.e. coffee book style. They've even produced a box you can put them in.

Lara Stone for March 2013

Vogue heralds the new season with Lara Stone.

"I am thrilled to have Lara Stone grace the cover of Vogue Australia," says editor-in-chief Edwina McCann. "Her face is synonymous with our times, that gap between her front teeth and her beautiful curves are unforgettable. For the first of our five-part Model Series we took the unusual decision to run a headshot on the cover – when it comes to Lara, her face says it all."

from vogue.com.au

I'm looking forward to buying this. I think some of the issues under Edwina have been sort of hit and miss for me personally so I'm excited to see how "The Model Series" issues come about and the collectors box sounds great as well :D

^ Here is what the box looks like!
photo9fo.jpg

source: my snap

where did you get that? :smile: I'd love one

I think you can purchase it at David Jones? Or it maybe just comes with the April issue in packaging? I'm just excited to see who the other models are fronting upcoming issues. Hope Gemma will be one of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's a close-up of Lara's face with an indifferent expression. Boring.

Australian readers don't necessarily need to have everything 'Australiana' right in their faces. I believe most readers appreciate the European high-fashion edge. Also, its not like McCann is disregarding the Australian spirit. The December issue fully embodied and captured the Australian aesthetic.

:flower:

So true!
I like the cover and will actually buy this issue

Vogue Australia March 2013 review:
256 pages

On with the Show
Come join the carnival as a cast of sumptuous fabrics and dramatic silhouettes takes centre stage.
M. Liu Wen/Marilyn Agency
Ph. Will Davidson
F'Ed. Stevie Dance
Hair. Chi Wong
Make-up. Fara Homidi
Props. Nick Mavar
16 pages
(Shot on Coyote Dry Lake in California's Mojave Desert, Liu looks absolutely wonderful. It's very whimsical and Will captures the light the beautifully.Also includes a mini profile article on Liu and her career).

Ahead of the Curve
Amazonian 80s sexuality is back in fashion, as the modelling world morphs to suit a new industry standard.
M. Lara Stone/IMG
Ph. Angelo Pennetta
F'Ed. Christine Centenera
Hair. Neil Moodie
Make-up. Lauren Parsons
Manicure. Trish Lomax
6 pages
(Cover shoot/main editorial and article, with beautiful profile shots of Lara looking delicate and quite vulnerable. The article divulges on the transformation of the fashion/modelling industry; the 'Kate Upton' effect introducing a new 'standard' - think the VA team preferred to have Lara put the message out there rather than Kate and her scoring the cover.)

Due East
Origami folds and kimono-inspired shapes take fashion in a thrilling new direction.
M. Kendra Spears/Elite Model Management-Chic Management
Ph. Benny Horne
F'Ed. Christine Centenera
Hair. Sophie Roberts
Make-up. Kellie Stratton
Manicure. Fiona Hay
10 pages
(Shot in a studio, Kendra commands attention against a while backdrop.)

Word on the Street
Haven't you heard? Fashion's bubbling over with a vibrant blend of luxe texture, pinches of preppy and a downtown attitude that makes for a hot new take on layering.
M. Aline Weber/Next Model Management
Ph. Hans Freur
F'Ed. Heathermary Jackson
Hair. Ward Stegerhoek
Make-up. Georgina Graham
12 pages
(A typical Freur editorial, shot ont the streets of New York. The styling is eclectic.)

Supernova by Peter Lindbergh
Peter compiled as exclusive selection of his favourite images of Naomi, Christy, Cindy, Linda and Tatjana. Each image has a caption by both the girls and Peter.

New School
Reprint of the Mod Revolution editorial from Vogue China's February issue.

Articles:

Moving on Up
Exclusive interview with Christopher Kane, mulling over his time at Versus, all the Balenciaga rumours and the next strategic phase of his label. .

Power and the Passion
Interview with Lucy Turnbull and Daisy Turnbull-Brown about personal style, pressure of public duty and life with Malcolm Turnbull (Australian federal politician). photographed by Hugh Stewart.​

^^Oops, Kendra's model agency credit is supposed to be Next not Elite. Apologies.

On with the Show editorial

photo1och.jpg
photo2hat.jpg
photo3tc.jpg

source: my snaps

on with the Show editorial cont.

photo4pb.jpg
photo5ujx.jpg
photo11fw.jpg

source: my snaps

On with the Show editorial cont.