Vogue Australia June/July 2020 : Cate Blanchett by Fiona Lowry

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Is she on fire? Is she ascending to another dimension? The pose would be weird even without the photoshop.

ahahahahaha you nailed it ! What the HELL is this???? I agree, even if you take away that bloody awful pink filter: who did her hair??? She looks like a witch on Halloween or as you said ascending to another dimension ahahahha :rofl:.

This is quite disappointing, everything really. Layout, image, and that corny pose.
And it will probably be a dual month issue.

Vogue Australia has transformed itself to one of the most pretentious editions out there.

No, I don't BELIEVE them that this is the official cover. It's just so bad.

According to dailymail.co.uk, "The 51-year-old actress has been painted by Archibald Prize-winning Sydney artist Fiona Lowry for the magazine's July release". So, this is a painting, guys, not some random PS filter or something!

OORXlqtb_o.jpg

cdn.newsapi.com.au

Last edited:
Is the cover this low in photo quality or is the painting really that misty? I can barely make out what's going on. Not surprised at how much of a gradient there is between Cate's painted face and the "Vogue" masthead. This is the best quality I've seen the cover in thus far (second photo is with the painter) :

credit: hil_yee on twitter, dailytelegraph
EZ3xtlDUMAAxQpW.jpg
946c7e4535a144a64f3284e1a6859867

I like the concept of employing an artist for a cover that can’t be shot, but unfortunately I don’t like the outcome at all. It certainly pales in comparison to the spectacular covers of Cate that David Downton a few years back. Those illustrations were beautiful.

Edwina is so lost. She thinks she’s a God. This magazine is bullsh*t. Centenera is the worst.

I find it pointless. If you are doing an illustration for a cover its better to go with stylized anatomy/graphic style as opposed to realism. It always ends up looking like a badly edited photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->