Vogue Australia March 2023 : Hailey Bieber by Daniel Jackson

Lens flare overkill, and what on earth is that font? Hailey's beautiful and a better model than most celebs, but this isn't the best photo of her. And interviewed by Justin? Quite the underwhelming "world first" exclusive lol there's not exactly any mystery to these two.

Also this is coming out at the worst possible time, it seems. The current discourse is she's quite an unpleasant person.

Is this the first issue under their new editor-in-chief? Great way to release this cover, though, since she's currently being talked about albeit for the wrong reasons.

It's an awful cover.

The best photos of Hailey are when you can’t really see her face :ninja:.
As mean as that may sound, there's truth to this. Whenever hopelessness towards the lack of talent in the industry starts to take over: just look at the editorial work of Hailey Bieber. Without getting into standard notions of beauty, her features are way too pedestrian/below average to be striking and carry fashion imagery by themselves [eyes too small and too far away from the mouth, obvious asymmetry, hardly expressive, oddly-shaped mouth despite the help of lip fillers] so the 'charm' of her work consistently falls on the creative team and their ability to build a model right on the spot and memorable visuals around her, all through their own artillery. In a way, trying to stay optimistic, these models are great exercises to brainstorm, get highly creative and deliver. Newcomers who can create solid work with them deserve every promotion they get in the industry.

As mean as that may sound, there's truth to this. Whenever hopelessness towards the lack of talent in the industry starts to take over: just look at the editorial work of Hailey Bieber. Without getting into standard notions of beauty, her features are way too pedestrian/below average to be striking and carry fashion imagery by themselves [eyes too small and too far away from the mouth, obvious asymmetry, hardly expressive, oddly-shaped mouth despite the help of lip fillers] so the 'charm' of her work consistently falls on the creative team and their ability to build a model right on the spot and memorable visuals around her, all through their own artillery. In a way, trying to stay optimistic, these models are great exercises to brainstorm, get highly creative and deliver. Newcomers who can create solid work with them deserve every promotion they get in the industry.

100%

And as most will say, the truth hurts :hardhead:.

Oh God, I completely forgot that Christine is part of the Kanye West clique. You know, very much about Instamodels, Kardashians, all things Cali :sick:. Hailey is hands down the worst of the nepo models and way down on the totem pole. We all know it's Bella>Cara>Gigi>Kendall>Hailey. She knows it too.

Starting your tenure as EIC with a Hailey Bieber cover is a choice. Not looking good. But I'm more ashamed for Daniel Jackson. Why is a seasoned photographer trying make their work look like it was shot by Petra Collins?

does anyone know if christine returned to australia or is running the magazine straight from nyc?

THE VERY BEST ANALYSIS IN THE WHOLE WORLD about nepo models / instash** models and all of the useless unskilled influencers in the world.
I wished I could give you karma like we used to here on TFS ahaha you deserve an award for that quote ahahaah.
''And The Fashion Spot's award for person of the year is for......'' ahaha :flower::D:clap:

It is confirmed that this is Christine's first issue as Vogue Australia's new editor. Judging from these photos, I think we're in for another messy tenure.

20230226_173348.jpg 20230226_173335.jpg
Vogue Australia
Let there be light, indeed. :lol:

I feel very "old man yells at clouds" when I look through the photos on Instagram for this issue, I mean, they're trying it...

tumblr_mwsydqVHjQ1ql5yr7o1_250.gif

realitytvgifs.tumblr.com

She always had the blandest face to me. There is nothing really that wrong with it. I don't see the asymmetry someone else pointed out. It is just bland. Boring. Nothing striking about it. I love unconventional features (speaking of nepo babies, I think bella hadid would have found a way to make her original nose work with her features). But she has a famous dad and a famous husband.

Oh good lord... Vogue Australia really just letting this country down ffs. And the light makes the shots look like blurry images that were blown up from an Instagram photoshoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->