Vogue Australia March 2023 : Hailey Bieber by Daniel Jackson

i refuse to believe that vogue ausralia still exists....
after watching this cover and donetalla versace's sarcasm on vogue ausralia in her documentary

I don't see the asymmetry someone else pointed out. It is just bland. Boring. Nothing striking about it. I love unconventional features (speaking of nepo babies, I think bella hadid would have found a way to make her original nose work with her features). But she has a famous dad and a famous husband.
I swear I never notice/care for asymmetry or even noses but when marketing insists we're supposed to be looking at something and you can't find it, you overly scrutinize: her nose is pointing to the right and it drives me NUTS lol, I can't unsee it now. One or two nose jobs later and work that often features her pointing to that side [so viewers can focus on her left angle] has made this less noticeable but I still see it because once you get past art direction, photography, styling, etc and are left with a model that delivers nothing, this is just.. there.

Agreed about Bella's nose, I was looking at Gisele's recent story for VI, I never really noticed how much Bella can look like Gisele, and Gisele had a great career with features [such as her nose] that only made her stand out more in the best possible way.

She’s losing followers because of her drama with Selena and then this, clearly, she can’t give anything.

VOGUE AUS TEAM WANTed to sit the front row during the fall runway show
but their request was denied and Donatella said to her team in private like "there is no winter during Xmas in Australia" (correct me if my memory is wrong)

wait what does she say?

It's way too zoomed in, it's as if she keeps an eye out for Selener with such an extreme close-up.~

does anyone know if christine returned to australia or is running the magazine straight from nyc?

I wouldn't be surprised if she's planning on running it from America. Joel works there and Christine is one of those vapid cookie-cutter fashion people who see American and European fashion as the holy grail. I can already see her thinking it will be far more convenient to be in NY and LA to book celebrities, designers and samples. I just hope she won't repeat the same mistake Vogue Mexico made before Karla came along when it was run mainly as sort of Vogue Miami.

An editor must be on the ground. They must be based in the city. Vogue is more than just fashion - it's about driving the culture, design and running brand initiates in the country the magazine find itself in. Even this location issue aside, Can anyone picture Christine, whose vocabulary is limited to fashion, running Edwina McCann's women in tech programme or the many satellite events with the same zeal?

VOGUE AUS TEAM WANTed to sit the front row during the fall runway show but their request was denied and Donatella said to her team in private like "there is no winter during Xmas in Australia" (correct me if my memory is wrong)

:lol: Donatella is absurd.
As someone who currently swopped my home for a Southern Hemisphere country in the Southernmost part, I can assure the crypt keeper that having summer during Christmas is the ultimate flex. The experience is just entirely different.

but their request was denied and Donatella said to her team in private like "there is no winter during Xmas in Australia" (correct me if my memory is wrong)
So I bet she did the same with Brazilian team hahaha

I wouldn't be surprised if she's planning on running it from America. Joel works there and Christine is one of those vapid cookie-cutter fashion people who see American and European fashion as the holy grail. I can already see her thinking it will be far more convenient to be in NY and LA to book celebrities, designers and samples. I just hope she won't repeat the same mistake Vogue Mexico made before Karla came along when it was run mainly as sort of Vogue Miami.

An editor must be on the ground. They must be based in the city. Vogue is more than just fashion - it's about driving the culture, design and running brand initiates in the country the magazine find itself in. Even this location issue aside, Can anyone picture Christine, whose vocabulary is limited to fashion, running Edwina McCann's women in tech programme or the many satellite events with the same
That’s what I think too.
She has a brand in NYC, that’s why I have a doubt.

It was one of her previous PR who said that…

Quite of a non-event cover considering it's Christine Centenera's debut as editor. There's a clear shift in direction but there's a whole multitude of elements wrong... and I don't even mind the sight of Hailey Bieber, love Saint Laurent and have always admired the work of Daniel Jackson.

Hailey's Vogue Australia cover from October 2019 by Lachlan Bailey truly was a tough act to follow! :heart:

A very bad moment to put her on the cover, she just lost a lot of followers and keep counting

Okay I have to give my hot take absolutely no one asked for: Selena's the Bethany Byrd of show business.. not some 'poor bullied' girl but just someone who is beyond obsessed with the popular, "pretty" girls and bends over backwards for their attention and if it doesn't work out, she knows it's showtime and it only takes being publicly rejected to prove she's the 'bigger' person. She gets the applauses and maybe, hopefully, the popular girls' recognition at last. Anyone saw the video she made with Bella Hadid's sound/filter, taunting (knowing well that for years the public observed closely their 'rivalry' after she dated Bella's ex), and then being passively aggressively like 'I can only wish I was as pretty'?

Every time she goes too hard on social media, you know drama will occur and that she will also pull the ultimate online attention-seeker stunt "I AM LEAVING/CLOSING MY ACCOUNT!". I know she has her own mental issues but.. she really knows how to stir up s*it with so little, and Hailey.. not the smartest for taking the bait each time :lol:.. that really is her only crime (besides being a terrible non-model model!).

Anyone can post the masthead? And the other edits? The editors letters?

Ewww at Hailey on this. Hard pass. Couldn't we have gotten Selena instead? :grinningwbigeyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->