Vogue Australia November 2007 : Kristy Hinze by Troyt Coburn

Whats sportscraft ?!

Not some great big feat to land their campaign.

The point is that someone else should've been on the cover, especially when the issue is about Aussies currently 'taking the world by storm'. The extent of Kristy's career over something like a 10-year period is basically Vogue Aus, David Jones, VS catalog, Cosmo, Maxim, Sports Illustrated and Sportscraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...... lets be happy for Kirsty...

She does look good but it really has nothig to do with whats happening in the world of models and covers

I was so, so disappointed to Kristy Hinze on the cover. Did a guest editor bail out on them?

I feel like they're more going back in time. If they wanted to catch up with the rest of the world they'd use a model who's actually successful in high-fashion.

Yes that's what I felt like as well! It was as if I was reading an old issue of Vogue Australia, from the mid-late 90s.

I found the whole issue lacklustre and fell very flat. And Kirsty Hinze on the cover, although she seems sweet and of course is a very pretty girl, is a bit anticlimatic considering the coups they've had in the past - Karl Lagerfeld, Princess Mary (exclusive cover and interview - I'm not big on royals at all but even I thought that was pretty cool!), Kylie Minogue (though not very fashion but she's pretty big) and Gemma Ward.

They could have done so much with the Australian theme. Though actually, isn't every issue meant to be Australian tinged (rather than international editorials... annnnyway)? :innocent:

Regardless I agree it is an effective cover shot (black and white stripes, the green, colour, etc) but the whole magazine just felt very blah to me.

Nice cover,never heard about the model before,but its a beautiufl shoot.

The cover shot is great, yet listening to the posts, it's a shame about its lack of topicality to today's Aussie hotshots.

Vogue Australia can't be a big-selling magazine, so surely it's time for it to embrace its niche position in the market - and undergo a redesign that places far more emphasis on being visually daring.

Even if the money can't stretch as far as shooting unique editorials for every issue, they could at least shoot an eye-catching cover for each month. If the cover's amazing enough, you'll buy the issue.

I believe the Coco/Goldberg ed is a reprint from Vogue Nippon.

just saw the whole issue. The Kirsty Hinze shoot is like 4 pages and really makes no sense at all as to why its even in there. The rest is just plain boring.....

Yea, redesign and make over wouldnt hurt at all...

however my parents own a newsagency and when vogue has a model on it it sell really well.. this one for example sold really well ^

Aussie Vogue does put models on the cover more than ,say , Aussie Bazaar ( who never do ) . Its just that its either a nobody or a has been or ,when its a top model , its lifted.

When they shoot celebs , the covers are not particularly nice. Anyone remember last December's Kylie cover?

Now what was that ??
smiley-channel.de_obzoen006.gif

anyone want more scans from this issue? Perhaps the erin article+ profile?

What a pile of rubbish this cover is. I can't believe it.. on the Vogue.com.au website too they have some video of the editor handing Kristy her first copy of the magazine at the Sportscraft launch, like she's some famous model, it's ridiculous! They call her 'supermodel', but I don't think she's even ever walked overseas in the major shows. :yuk:

Even more hypocritical is that the issue is an "Aussie" issue (oy,oy,oy). WTF has Kristy done for Australia lately? She's done nothing in the past five years, hasn't promoted Australia, hasn't done a thing to even promote herself so far as we can see. So she's moved back here, graced our shores with her presence once more? Whoop-de-bloody-doo!!! Big deal - we hadn't even noticed she was gone. :rolleyes:

Even more astounding is having to flip past the ad for one of the two Chanel contracts Alyssa Sutherland scored this year to get to Kristy's half-***ed editorial and 'feature'. Alyssa has had a leading role in an independant film which premiered at Toronto last year, a bit part in Devil Wears Prada and has a role in an upcoming feature film. Also the Flake girl, known everywhere as "that Aussie redhead" - she has the Southern Cross tattooed upon her left wrist - there's somebody out there getting good work and making the world pay attention to Australians.

Miranda Kerr has been a Victoria's Secret girl for I think knocking on 2 years now, an absolute stunner. Nicole Trunfio is also doing well overseas, as is Elyse Taylor and of course Gemma and Catherine, who of course was the ideal choice for the Christmas cover. Catherine's rise to fame this year has been nothing short of meteoric, and the absolute opposite vector to Kristy's slide into obscurity she took 5 years ago.

I just think it's very, very strange that Kristy has been an absolute nothing for years (and wasn't much of anything to start with, let's face it), lives overseas, and then in a matter of minutes after cracking onto some bazillionaire she's whisked back to Australia to do a couple of dodgy airbrushed b&w editorials and then she and her nose are on the December (no less!) cover of Vogue. I mean, come ON!!! Get real. :angry:

It's clear Vogue Australia are the poor cousins of the international Vogue mags, and are always picking up others' handmedowns.. 2nd hand covers, 2nd hand eds. Must have been nice to not have had to buy their cover model for a change... :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->