Vogue China April 2011 : Scarlett Johansson by by Peter Lindbergh

They chose this shot for the cover? *sigh*

Actually I rather like the shot of Scarlett, I love the Dolce & Gabbana dress. I just don't see a Lindbergh aspect to the photo.

I don't mind the cover image itself but those texts disgust me a lot.:yuk::sick::ninja:

i don't like it- what with the faux pout? hahah
this could've been more beautiful.

i don't like it- what with the faux pout? hahah
this could've been more beautiful.

boring, Scarlet looks like she's trying really hard to be sexy

:lol: It's what she's best at, trying to look sexy without ever actually looking sexy.

I'm looking forward to seeing the editorials though because Vogue China is always great.

why she's pouting and she doesn't really look great here

Brief review

Scarlett by Peter Lindbergh for sure..
Miss Muse by Paolo Roversi & Nicoletta Santoro (all the clothes are nude colour:heart:)
Liu Wen by Hans Feurer Anne Christensen (story about shirts)
Guinevere by Josh Olins & Elisa Santisi

Beauty ed with Ming & Hanne

Oi. This cover is such a disappointment on so many levels... *facepalm*

I really hate everything about it. The overly embellished dress, the dress on Scarlett here, her hair, her make-up, the tired colors... heck, even the red nailpolish against the pink text. (Also, bad angle on her nose.) My guess is that they were going for some kind of sexy, but for that the dress should've been at least two inches longer and less heavy around... well, everything that's actually covered with fabric. What a waste of Scarlett's looks and Lindbergh's talent.

Inside content sounds more interesting, though. Can't wait to see Roversi's and Liu Wen's eds, and (with certain reservations) even Lindbergh & Scarlett.

how lazy of a cover
I get that scarlett never wants to do photoshoots especially given her recent personal drama, but if she must be in them, I wish she would at least try to care.

ah well, I'm at least interested in the rest of the content

The dress looks so beautiful but Scarlett looks kind of awkward. Both the pose and the expression. A bit of a disappointing cover, imo.

Editorial Previews
Scarlett by Peter Lindbergh
Styling by Nicoletta Santoro

source | ammon from modernparty.cn

Sound of Silence
Arizona Muse by Paolo Roversi
St: Nicoletta Santoro

source | ammon from modernparty.cn

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members