Vogue Paris April 2009 : Scarlett Johansson by Mario Sorrenti

Ymre has practically the same expression in every picture of her ed. It would look so much better with another model.

i think Ymre gave the team exactly what they wanted...

thanks for all the scans :flower:

^ I agree, it annoys me when someone blames everything on the model... Shots wouldn't get published if they weren't what the magazine team / photographer wanted...

^ I agree, it annoys me when someone blames everything on the model... Shots wouldn't get published if they weren't what the magazine team / photographer wanted...

Hiring models, photographers, etc. takes time and money. On top of that the magazine industry has been seeing a downturn recently. Why would they waste money that do not have?

Thank you for Ymre's editorial:wub:I love it.Especially les escarpins dans les sabots:D

Hiring models, photographers, etc. takes time and money. On top of that the magazine industry has been seeing a downturn recently. Why would they waste money that do not have?

I agree that doing a shoot and not using the pictures isn't exactly an option nowadays, but come on! They saw Ymre's book before they picked her, they can have all the girls they want, so that can only mean she is what they wanted. I don't think Ymre is too stupid to change her expression when Patrick Demarchelier or Carine Roitfeld ask her to...

I totally agree with you taben. I mean Carine definitely knew that was going to be the picture and she knew that Ymre was the model and she knew what Ymre looks like so...

Beyond what taben already said, the unfair thing about blaming a model for having no expression or whatever is that more often than not they're just doing what they're told to do and looking how they're told to look.....that is what models do to earn their money afterall. So if Ymre looks the same in each picture (and she does) I doubt it's because she's just completely incapable of making more than one expression. So if you don't like the model, fine, but let's not make it sound like she's BAD at what she's doing because you don't like her.

I mean, is someone going to criticize her for facing the camera in every shot instead of facing in different directions as well? :lol:

If anything the ed is bad because the creative team made every image look so similar to the point that the clothes, the only thing that really helps differentiate between each shot, are kind of lost. The fact that they're in B&W doesn't help with matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love that old man in the 4th shot of agricouture. the photography and the lighting in that ed are extremely beautiful. and i love the styling, too.

I :heart: "Mere & files". I think it's the best editorial in the issue. I love the long gowns, it looks different than Alt's usual styling choices. I also love "No Smoking". It's like a big prank on the typical American family. It's so funny, and Luxx I totally loved when you said something about throwing the baby haphazardly across the room. :lol: "Agricouture" is bad but not because of Ymre. It's the creative teams' fault, they chose everything. A models duty is to do what she is told. Even though I don't like Ymre I don't blame her for the badness of the editorial. And Anna's editorial... I'm just bored with her being dressed like a boy and having it everywhere. How about Anna in a pretty dress? That's shocking! :lol: Eniko looks good to but it's not memorable to me... it's like I've seen it before. All in all a good issue but I can't wait for the next issue! :woot:

:lol: Yeah, but what do you mean... like an editorial?
Mere & fils was shot by I & V... is that it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, he was asking if possible to scan Malgosia's ed, which was shot by Inez and Vinoodh.

Mere & fils part #1
style: Emmanuelle Alt
ph: Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
scanned by me!
Hope it's OK. This is my first time scanning a full edit.
If anyone can scan it better, feel free to do so.

Attachments

• sc00247947.jpg
    sc00247947.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 50
  • sc001a57be.jpg
    sc001a57be.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 67
  • sc0024911f.jpg
    sc0024911f.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 30
  • sc001a2987.jpg
    sc001a2987.jpg