Vogue China February 2006 : Du Juan by Mario Sorrentti

So chic. Love the coloring. Love it all.

I agree the cover is awesome! Was never a fan of Du Juan till I saw this...

Here's one of her editorials featured inside:

"Back to the Future"
shot by Karl Lagerfeld, styled by Andrew Richardson
Vogue China Feb 2006

source: scanned by me

This editorial was awesome and I think my scans don't do them justice..
Also there might be some weird squiggly line and machine mark things from my scanner....:doh: Sorry! my scanner's six years old and i don't know what's going on...

Du Juan's other editorial in this issue is "Shanghai Chic" by John-Paul Pietrus, which is with her and another Chinese model in traditional Chinese inspired clothing. I didn't like it as much as this one, but I'll try to scan it if I have time later. :P

Here's another editorial..
Never was a fan of Cameron Russell but she looks great here and i love beach pics :P

"Dancing in the Wind"

shot by Anthony Ward, styled by Beat Bolliger
Vogue China Feb 2006

This issue also featured a good 30 pages about the past and present trends and highlights of the Shanghai lifestyle/fashion, a make-up trend report at the SS06 shows, a "Love and the Cities" article about romantic cities around the world, a "Colour Story" editorial with Hye Park by Miles Aldridge, and a recycled "Charm School" ed by Steven Meisel from the US Vogue Jan issue.

This issue also came with a supplement laying out some major trends at the SS06 shows and a somewhat tacky necklace which smelled really weird..

All in all a great Feb issue and interesting read for $2.50 USD. I'm gonna miss Vogue China too lol...

wow the eds look pretty good! thanks for scanning them! karma!

Holy crap... :woot: And I thought the cover was good? Those two editorials are amazing, especially the one with Du Juan... Seriously one of the best I've seen for a long time... Karma for Crea!

crea, what about jan issue...any good ed??? thanks!

holy crap! I am amazed...the cover is gorgeous! See this is why magazines should put models on the covers. I tried to buy it at the airport but they didn't stock it :cry:. Where in London can I get it?

EDISON27 said:
Crea can you scan the"Shanghai chic" editorial?:D
Sure but it might take a while! It'll take me a couple of days to get settled back home, then after i'll jack my roommate's scanner and post it up here.

Xone said:
crea, what about jan issue...any good ed??? thanks!
I posted one editorial in the Jan issue thread here...I wanted to share more with everyone but ran out of time..:doh:

that is a beautiful girl!:shock: what is she wearing? prada?

you know...i have a feeling chinese vogue has the potential to become one of the best up there with french and italian editions. asian people do have a great snese of style and whimsy after all:flower:

cardboardboxed said:
Where does everyone get their international vogues? No one here carries them!!

EDISON lives in China! :wink: Not sure about Crea, though B)

What an amazing issue! It's another thing that makes me want to visit my former home again -- but gotta wait until this summer for some authentic Chinese food! :wink:

EDISON27 said:
The cover is by Karl Lagerfeld,and also the editorial of new york
it seems the cover is shot by mario sorrenti...

Crea said:
Sure but it might take a while! It'll take me a couple of days to get settled back home, then after i'll jack my roommate's scanner and post it up here.

I posted one editorial in the Jan issue thread here...I wanted to share more with everyone but ran out of time..:doh:

Thank u so much,crea!
:flower:
BTW
Where can U buy it in Taiwan?:doh:
I want a Vogue china..........very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Faith Akiyama said:
Maybe he meant that the outfit was Lagerfeld? :P
The outfit on the cover is specially designed by miuccia prada.^_^
This Feb issue is by far the best issue of vogue china.:heart:

^ You're right amor, this was the best so far. Hopefully it'll only get better.

Faith Akiyama said:
EDISON lives in China! :wink: Not sure about Crea, though B)
I live/study in the U.S. now, though my family relocated to Shanghai a few years ago, so it's temporarily "home" to me. I go back for winter/summer holidays only, so i won't get my Vogue China fix for a few months now either...:doh: I definitely miss the authentic Chinese food too Faith Akiyama! Hehe..

skinnygal said:
BTW
Where can U buy it in Taiwan?:doh:
I want a Vogue china..........very much!
skinnygal have you tried the major bookstores? Eslite is a store that comes to mind...I lived in Taipei like 6-7 years ago and I remember it being hugeee with lots of imported material. Not sure about now though! :ninja: Good luck!

Anyway, sorry it took so long, but here's the other Du Juan editorial I promised you EDISON27! :flower:

"Shanghai Chic"

Vogue China Feb 2006
ph. John-Paul Pietrus

I've seen great scans from the supplementary book that came with this issue by eponine here and there, hopefully some of you saw them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->