Vogue China February 2021 : Kendall Jenner by Autumn de Wilde

It's a pretty, romantic cover, makes me look forward to spring.

This is actually one of her better and prettier covers.

Lol is Vogue China Anna's new playground?

Like Hilaria.

:lol:

It just all looks so pedestrian and the editorial isn’t any better. I hate how ever since the inception of Tyler Mitchell, every photographer would now have a random, colorful backdrop in the midst of an entirely different milieu to drive home the point of “juxtaposition”.

This and her last vogue Japan are both horrible covers stop sticking this girl on covers it just doesn’t work but Kendall has taught everybody one important lesson just because you are tall,thin,and pretty does not mean you are meant to model

Bored to tears and what’s with the lighting they’ve even managed to give kendull a bum chin!

For this cover, no thanks. Wake me up when spring ends.

2021 and no improvement for Kendall...still i prefer the white dress picture as a cover...it’s slightly better than the rest and i like the rose shadow on her...

But seriously, there is no depth on her gaze, nada!

I actually like this aside from the general lack of expression from Kendall. I see people talking about Anna, she the editor of Vogue China at the moment?

Because we all know this: that girl is not a model. She's the poster child of nepotism and is only here because of her family. Whether some of you like her or not we know this very fact: she would never be in a millions years as near as she is on the cover of any magazine if it hadn't been for her family. She clearly lacks modeling skills. Side note for those new kids who just discovered fashion 5 years ago: a blank stare + no poses + no talent to connect with the readers or talent to move the clothes to make them desirable DOT NOT equals supermodel material.

Every time I see these girls I get mad ahahaha I'm like HOW HOWWWWW can new readers or Anna Wintour or any of the great photographers and designers DARE to compare these ''instamodels'', ''influencers'' (who only buy comments, likes and followers and who only influence their grand mother) to real bonafide-world-class-renowned SUPERMODELS like Linda, Chirsty, Naomi, Cindy, Claudia, Elle, Nadja, Shallom, Carmen, Amber, Stella and all all the supers from Twiggy to the 2000 like Coco, Raquel, Sasha, Natasha, Caroline, Chanel, Jourdan and so on??? HOWWWWWW. I mean we know the ''how'' and ''why'' = money and survival since generation Z is living 24/7 on social media therefore the big elite designers and editors like Wintour thik that these ''influencers'' are the only way to go on. But it's not! Fashion models are not an extinct race: they can still be booked and they are more interesting than ''real'' people like ''influencers'' lol then again when you see how normcore is so present in fashion editorials and how little effort people put when dressing up, I guess they don't connect with fashion models and prefer ''real'' people. I don't :rofl: when I see Fashion with a capital F, I want to dream, I want to see impossibly beautiful models male and female looking at me from magazine covers and ad campaigns and runways like they're some semi gods or something and emulate BEAUTYYYYYY not a girl from the block eating a chewing gum and moving her a**on tiktok and dressed like a nobody and 3 feet tall sorry not sorry :mohawk::rofl:. I feel good suddently after this rant ahahahahaahhaha

tenor

Her best cover was definitely US Vogue April 2018. She looked pretty good there and the accompanying editorial was really nice, otherwise the rest of her work for the last six years (geez...) has been a no from me.

She's doing her typical 'hot (but kind of bland) girl in high-school' thing here, and therefore I won't remember any of this tomorrow. The imagery offends me more for being a rip-off of Miciah Carter's recent shoot of Naomi Osaka in WSJ than Kendall's presence though.

I actually like this aside from the general lack of expression from Kendall. I see people talking about Anna, she the editor of Vogue China at the moment?

She's tasked with finding a replacement for Angelica Cheung, so it's not a reach to assume she's also taking stock of the magazine throughout this transition period and making sure it doesn't go off the rails.

She's tasked with finding a replacement for Angelica Cheung, so it's not a reach to assume she's also taking stock of the magazine throughout this transition period and making sure it doesn't go off the rails.

I've read a Chinese article saying Anna is taking charge during the transition, they say there's no time frame for how long will she's working for Vogue China before they found a suitable EIC. I hope they found one soon.

Presumably this was planned in the early fall at the latest and shot sometime around September/October, so wouldn’t Angelica still have been EIC at that point?

Presumably this was planned in the early fall at the latest and shot sometime around September/October, so wouldn’t Angelica still have been EIC at that point?

I doubt Angelica would commission Ortega, she's been keenly focused on promoting local talent. If January was her final issue she'd have no input in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->