Vogue France November 2021 : Aya Nakamura by Carlijn Jacobs

Flicking through this online, it's worse than I thought. I love the cover, but the rest of it, I might as well be reading an issue of UK Vogue that's decided to take a look at France. A lot of the content is directly lifted from the British version, and the content that isn't, is so uninspired, I would be throwing it straight out after reading, if I saw it in Bazaar or some other magazine.

Treasure your older issues.

I’m just going to be open minded for the future. Vogue Italia’s new issue under Francesca was rough, but November looks pretty good with some good original content. So we will see…

I quite understand your argument, and was using your logic more so as the basis for my own comment than viewing dior’s OP as flat-out racist ideology.
Call me whatever you like, I don't care at all.

I'm not here anymore for r*tchet, insta-baddie, instathot aesthetic anymore. I don't like the look, I don't like the attitude, and I don't like the behavior.

Seems Eddie Wrey's editorial will be shared in every edition this month.

I say let's give it time. A debut issue is never the proper marker of someone's tenure. Do yourself a favour and browse through the thread for Alt's first issue. The responses were a mixed bag. And she very soon abandoned whatever direction she started with which either made people warm to her style or move away from it.

Having gone through this issue, the part I loathe most is actually the fact that nothing really changed design-wise. It still looks like Alt's mag, but with more diverse faces and styling. And they stick out. The cover edit and M&M story stick out like a sore thumb.
And for those of us who never cared for her VP it's off-putting. I'd actually like that design to be gone completely. Erase everything, every single trace, start afresh. That's the only way we'll be able to truly judge the new team's talents and what the new VP will be about.

I can’t for the life of me wrap my head around this argument of Aya’s social media brand and it’s driving me crazy.

I did warn you lot earlier in this thread that those type of comments would follow, didn't I?. Lol.

AYA NAKAMURA
Photography:
Carlijn Jacobs
Styling: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Hair: Yuji Virginie de Pinto Moreira
Make-up: Ammy Drammeh
Model/Celebrity: Aya Nakamura

Vogue France Digital Edition

Thanks Zorka but the last picture belongs to her Vanity Fair France editorial...not from this issue...

The best is the cover and the editing of M&M's editorial. the rest pure crap. But as @Benn98 said let's wait for a few more issues to see where this is going. Btw Alt's inaugural issue was better than that, criticism or not.

This issue seems like the leftover issue. All over the place, no cohesive, nothing really that makes you buy this issue. I've said it before and i repeated now that i see the whole magazine. So Eugénie needs to stop worrying about posting and be focus to get better for the dec/jan issue.

Thanks Zorka but the last picture belongs to her Vanity Fair France editorial...not from this issue...

I correct myself, yes the picture it's from this issue (in the beauty section and used a reprint from VF?????) but not from the editorial.

Wow this is all insanely regressive. Feels like Im watching an issue of the Face circa 1998.
Shame on Carlijn, sorry babe, you know you can do better but this is Reductive with a capital R.
The rest of the eds is Elle magazine personified.

This is outrageous! So called Vogue France. I want my VP back

The main editorial looks very weak, from the previews there's only one good shot the rest is a bad David Sims impersonation.
I keep coming back to this post, because I think it tackles the issues with Vogue France in a straight and precise way. This comment, for instance. It exposes the core problem: Vogue France is unable to perform the basic functions Vogue Paris has been managing singlehandedly, for the whole industry, for years. The fact that the heir to Roitfeld and Alt's estate can be said to produce "a bad David Sims impersonation" proves that the heritage is already damaged. To Vogue France, Sims should come as naturally as written French. Yet, as @YohjiAddict points out, it does not. That is how hard the mighty have fallen.

this story alone made me want to get the issue by Mert and Marcus
AVvXsEh7JrL-8V7A64-Vw6g4qtodOwoDk69S-bLcf4_uhg76HENTX9jLCFThXFGzXfAu7sWv_n2K4WrldzlVzpqQIiicNTEWOwvcr7CB9T7lTv--Jv99jBRqLkZ6gWqgM6upU5Wx_xoeAGZVpI43bRmaNrFfWedOcRY73N6T0ugTpcXfz_JpfJfe4L8SrtZx=s1037

AVvXsEjH7mJd03WkskGEFaMtMW5_2Zi0p_GJEZRhbXSx9CdtqeNMe-FKIsmpxugvHotqVki8hwVk7HC1PKqj1mt_g5HBjuaFThLWdRJ6loBoyp8QAGmCqrdwViD_nidTBp8wdNoMq2iJ4mx156Tlx7nE-Z9SJ8hSmPYoN-Z8R6nb_ltz4HvNKmJB5d7t32nT=s1037

AVvXsEhE_7BfvfJ1ExXWWgbdjaKBMv1dfHXOpsienu-4tpiZ7zpk6-EYdCOwkgTGIb82o1kHxRollsqbE2YyXt9ViJx-uKU1evNsf1chYsJe7nIAy0my-F5-Nl-D2Coo8nl_nL39Deqvb2wg1iKFlo82KdbCTfmN1wrvK37xQMfIJTpiQSb0kBVmY7_rDMH-=s1037

AVvXsEhzuYTvL1OcaqB87IkzpaJuNiTBfXOBDc83-vjkxPHFZZbktLDYwvxcLboSokD2G-Q58s8v1Jhy20gRprU2oPMno1A_RWQ0v2X_QHeb9KFvP_5swkjkzFCXtpy-zl7cAAXT_YCiB5Uhp814kRwYju0CUIo2KnLl3L5BbRpgbY77frQiyplnrpTEecvc=s16000

AVvXsEg11LHEtu3joirWp1RWX63VTZGqrx1yE4ZYn15I829jfo4kwCa13-myQJWZawAMkXxpU-ypoiFFxa44rccMeBr-gIuzCU8M_3NuMkIzqkP2iFPyOIPt-T2u-2WJ2vfavb4kiepUSsh9MNRZdKDT2FdxNNa99XLddb0SJwDMo6xLvgrdpxw4avEpCdvh=s16000

AVvXsEjPt_oU37bhrJ7VORRFJcpv8Jv7dFnsFo6zWL-VF4NKjfkTbdaFKkpg_Up5S8SX3HtbeytV2bmm6dbDqte62ZmObOmDl-zC3L05oK7GOvOOz2f_6AqAND94MDitXjl4PkXmeaCui5azWRZAb6ciAGf6iyhT2CiTOVoViGjxAMbhyIyDKkocfX3CVnrZ=s16000

AVvXsEi1JzUtxsnFoGkycquYMH7xHcKZz-o-bcA095QLgrtoJHHr_qiCJ68YsFKjkh3nnhKXDYy-O4rvmEVVOhYg4X2eYPmBYWf3GbmQr0k7O3shNxw2qsfoZ_Ka-5WMk6D1oHxyzjdNkXFzOrZwBbZ5-JUp0JC4pL2bbFp4SR00o8ugVYHM4Wjcav5d2jN9=s16000

glossyhighfashion..blogspot.com

Flicking through this online...

My mind read a similar word, with U, not LI. But It was the negative feeling, I only liked the cover. I was expecting some retro and glamorous ed with Aya. The footballer t-shirt ruined everything. France '98 Worldcup at best.

And you can also get it in the Gaga Italian Vogue.

I was going to buy the VF for the M&M editorial but if you tell me it's on the VI with Gaga i will go with that one....do you know if have all the pictures?, the VF layout and edit is better than the British one....

Also, did anyone saw they are making a contest on Instagram to win 300 euro on Vogue merch if you post a picture of the cover or something like that...or they try to make (unnecessary) noise on the debut issue or the issue is going slow and the to boost sales....

Cheap prize for a Vogue edition, even teeny bopper magazines offer better prizes. What about a lobster dinner with Demna Gvsalia? A front-row seat to ANY show during Paris Fashion Week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->