Vogue France November 2021 : Aya Nakamura by Carlijn Jacobs

Cheap prize for a Vogue edition, even teeny bopper magazines offer better prizes. What about a lobster dinner with Demna Gvsalia? A front-row seat to ANY show during Paris Fashion Week?
I know, or a date with Ghesquiere, hahaha something better than Vogue merch...specially when they charge like 130 for one sweatshirt....ridiculous

You're lucky. I hope McMenamy's ed comes in the december issue of Vogue Latam

Flicking through this issue IRL it was like business as usual, until you start to get through all the reprints and you realise this edition has lost all of its soul. Not optimistic for the future at all (same goes for every Vogue TBH), even as someone who had no time for Alt.

I was going to buy the VF for the M&M editorial but if you tell me it's on the VI with Gaga i will go with that one....do you know if have all the pictures?, the VF layout and edit is better than the British one....

I can see the editions via my library's online service... opening the three issues side-by-side (VFrance, VI and UKV), the reprints in VF and VI are identical in page order and length, with the only difference being the amount of white border around some of the images. And looking at them like this, yes, the editorial flows better in VF/VI than it did in Edward's. It doesn't seem like any editorial in any issue contains unique images.

I wasn't blown away by either VF or VI, but the decent reprint of McMenamy's editorial, plus the return of Meisel to the cover, tipped things in favour of me buying Vogue Italia over Vogue France this month.

I can see the editions via my library's online service... opening the three issues side-by-side (VFrance, VI and UKV), the reprints in VF and VI are identical in page order and length, with the only difference being the amount of white border around some of the images. And looking at them like this, yes, the editorial flows better in VF/VI than it did in Edward's. It doesn't seem like any editorial in any issue contains unique images.

I wasn't blown away by either VF or VI, but the decent reprint of McMenamy's editorial, plus the return of Meisel to the cover, tipped things in favour of me buying Vogue Italia over Vogue France this month.

Thanks @tigerrouge very helpful! so yes im gonna buy VI too...i hope VF second issue will be better...

GettyImages-74763217.jpg

Vogue France Website/Getty Images

Aya just gave birth and I'm wondering if that affected the procress and the result of her shoot for Vogue France , she was already pregnant I guess.

The cover just won a Prix Relay & SEPM award for best magazine cover of 2021:

"This magazine was designed for its readers, promoting values of freedom, authenticity, creativity and openness."

When this magazine is gonna be released?

In the end they decided to keep it for themselves and instead they gave us this mockery....so sad....

"This magazine was designed for its readers, promoting values of freedom, authenticity, creativity and openness."

When this magazine is gonna be released?

No the saddest thing is that they're all probably convinced they're actually doing all that. Allegedly there's values of freedom in being some powerless editor whose job is editing hand-me-down articles and editorials that someone else chose for them. There's authenticity in publishing the same articles shared across at least ten different editions on a same month. There's creativity in stale art directions and cheap studio and beach editorials. I guess it's our problem that we can not comprehend those values for what they are intended to be. The only one I can get behind is openness, in the sense that they'll literally let anyone get published nowadays. For better or worse.

Anyway, congratulations on the award! I had no idea there was such a thing.

idk why are y'all so pressed, it's an excellent cover. the rest of the contents on the other hand...

Farneti's first cover was the Grace Elizabeth one. A groundbreaking start doesn't mean a brilliant future.

Sorry but Farneti’s first cover was Lulu by Steven Meisel -the e-shop story- and it was a very dull cover imo.

He started officially for July. March/June were made by editors from VI, while Farneti started making the July issues of VI and L'Uomo. He only wrap the issues that were made months ago. My source told me that the March cover story was the last that Franca approved two days before her passing. Also was the end of Meisel contract for Vogue Italia (that's why was called "Buy Bye"). He didn't fight with Franca Sozzani, he felt tired to do a 14 page editorial and a cover by month, that's why did the main story every two months since 2015 until 2017. He was going to leave the magazine after 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xacli
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->