Vogue France September 2024 : Vivienne Rohner by Steven Meisel

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!
I am very glad to see Rohner. She is a model, she is just real one. I still like Meisel even though the budgets have become down. MAS has always been good at what she does.

Everyone says the VOGUE doesn't mean anything anymore.
It will be interesting to see what happens in Vivienne's career in the next year and at the upcoming Fashion Week.

This is the first good cover I've seen since they changed to Vogue France

The first editorial is good, but anything done by Meisel is totally Vogue Italia. The rest are as expected - garbage. I miss when VP had its own identity. SAD!

Ugh everything was going so well until Miss Charlotte. It’s like I was awaken from my momentary slumber and thrown right back into the fashion hell we’re living in.

What a spectacular surprise to see Meisel shoot the cover of Vogue France! Absolutely here for this, I'm head over heels for it. The cover itself is immaculate, love the beauty styling on Vivienne Rohner here. Such a dreamy, light, airy and ultra-feminine cover. Art direction a little tired but I'm not complaining... :heart:

Meisel follows Vogue France's IG account now. Seems it will be his new playground (not so often, of course). I'm curious to see Steven's take on French fashion. Also him shooting models after his British Vogue years is his comfort zone, he did celebs which are not his favorite subjects. It's an opportunity for the new generation of models to achieve a Meisel cover. I'm so happy for Vivienne.

This is the first issue of Vogue France that I've bought since it renamed itself.

I feel like I should love it - but the sheer amount of seen-before editorials just has me flipping through the pages with boredom.

I'm still glad I bought it, if only to avoid feelings of regret, like I have about not buying the Aya Nakamura cover, because I was so disgusted about the great regime change that had happened.

Although I seem to remember that issue was all downhill after the cover, aside from a Kristen McMenamy reprint.

Not the Meisel we wanted or expected.
But glad to see him shooting for Vogue France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->