Vogue Italia December 2013 : Anna, Ophélie, Cindy & Gracie by Steven Meisel

It looks so amateur and boring, But love the cast though. :smile:

I still like it but the more I look at it the more I wish that established top models were on this cover. It would have made a bigger impact.

Love the cover! It's a bit crowded but the girls look stunning.
Apart from Cindy, i'm not a fan of the cast. They're quite boring and I never realized Anna and Ophelie look quite alike. Wish Julia Bergshoeff or Amanda Murphy were part of it.

The ed is very original, but again: not a fan of the cast. Only Ola looks promising.

Anna is a complete cutie, she reminds me of Claudia... The cover is very boring, though, too basic and plain, not even interesting or visually appealing.

Anna is effortlessly stunning. Easily the most memorable one on the cover. The rest are there for decoration.

To be honest I actually really love the concept, I love that it's new and fresh faces but I don't think it was executed very well the styling doesn't really work nor the girls on the cover, I like Anna and Ophélie knowing Imaan, Mariana, and Lexi were in the editorial I would have preferred to see them on the cover. But Overall I think it's a cool issue.

^^^ I agree Juila would have been prefect!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would've loved for a January issue... I still like it, though, especially for the varied cast. Those girls look quite raw and unexperienced, which works in here.

they're hard to find because of their name so if anyone is looking for the song, here it is.

happy for anna, but the composition is way off.

I think it's safe to say that Anna is the star of the cover. She looks so effortlessly stunning. Getting some serious Claudia Schiffer/Lara Stone vibes from her. The rest of the girls look beautiful too. The concept is really good and the video gets me excited for the editorial.

The 'Soft and Sexy' line is really tacky though. Other than that, I think I will get this issue!

The pictures for the cards are nice, but the cover is not. Would be better in black and white.

Cindy is such a bad model. Her expression is terrible.
The other girls look nice, though.

Way to not even bother. Couldn't they have at least dressed them better? Lazy.

Cindy's expression isn't terrible ...at all. All three girls are trying to exude femininity and elegance then there's that girl below Anna with her bland presence, blank/bored stare. She's out of place, in my opinion.
It's a shame Malaika isn't part this issue, she would've been a fitting addition.

God I am so over these baby faced vogue Italia muses. What's the point? Nine out of ten times they just fade away with in the year.

happy for anna, but the composition is way off.

You're absolutely right. The composition is terrible.

Although the cover is boring and incredibly lazy, I kind of like that there isn't a pretentious concept this time around. That feels fresh in a way. I also get the feeling that this is deliberately focused on the models, that tries to expose a new generation of models... somehow like that Peter Lindbergh picture from 1990 published in Vogue UK.

But then again, this is so lazy that overthinking isn't even worthy. Plus, it should've been just Anna Ewers, with the exact same pose. She's shining here.

Loving Anna here but the cover is lackluster to say the least, HORRIBLE styling and on top of that they airbrushed the life out of Cindy, yuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->