Vogue Italia December 2013 : Anna, Ophélie, Cindy & Gracie by Steven Meisel

it's quite beautiful, and their eyebrows look amazing. all that vaseline over the lens. it's inoffensive. -_-

Even thought the girls look wonderful, the cover is indeed lackluster. But the ed seems to be a solid studio shoot. Plus the casting is impeccable.

I was really excited to see that Cindy and Ophélie were featured on the cover. But seeing the result is a terrible disappointment. Anna is the only one looking great actually. Gracie and Cindy look unnecessary. The placing is what probably bothers me the most. Such a waste of interesting newbies.

Cindy :clap::wub: perfect - love the whole cast :flower:

It seems like the entire beauty aesthetic has been trending towards more generic, relatable faces compared to 2004-2009 when models where strikingly individual. Probably none of these models would have been hot 5 or 6 years ago. I will have forgotten these girls' faces within 5 minutes of leaving this page. Very interesting.

Think about it, Cindy, Julia B, Amanda M and Ola R would have been better and more cohesive.

BTW, am I the only one who read "Cindy" in the title, then opened the thread and thought for a second that Ophelie was Cindy Crawford? :lol:

It's a dull cover, and yes, as mikel said very Vogue China-ish, but the cast is pretty great, I just wished they would've switched Gracie for Imaan on the cover!

Weird that Malaika isn't included here, hopefully we'll see her work with Meisel again soon.

Think about it, Cindy, Julia B, Amanda M and Ola R would have been better and more cohesive.

BTW, am I the only one who read "Cindy" in the title, then opened the thread and thought for a second that Ophelie was Cindy Crawford? :lol:

Oh, I thought I was the only one :D

If I'm not mistaken, I have not said any harsh or mean comments about a particular VI cover in the past but I think I certainly will right now. This has got to be the worst VI cover that Meisel shot. It's just plain boring. Oh my God...

Hopefully the main editorial will save this one.

It's not that creative but still beautiful. I'll enjoy it more without Gracie's face.

am not feeling it at all, the soft filter gives it an amateur look

This is such a mess. There is no chemistry. Nothing is interesting about it. The cover might as well be a blank beige wall.

Me too, also I thought Anna E. was Claudia Schiffer

The concept of the editorial is fantastic, but the cover is out of this concept, I love multigirl and color covers, but this would work much better with one model and black and white presented as a "model card" / cover. Dissapointed of the cover.

I know i've stated earlier i'm not into the cast but then that's only because i wasn't familiar with them :P Replace both Gracie Van Gastel & Cindy Bruna with Lexi Boling & Imaan Hammam, it would be much better. I'm still not feeling the cover. It's quite forgettable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->