Vogue Italia December 2013 : Anna, Ophélie, Cindy & Gracie by Steven Meisel

not liking the cover but the editorial feels brilliant. minus the styling. really enjoying that they're not recognizable faces. in the video I love gracie's look

cover concept is amazing, but execution is really poor. I must say that editorial idea is amazing :heart:

My first thought was: oh wow a supermodels cover with Claudia Schiffer and others, but then I saw that they were current models in a old-fashioned way portrayed. So my excitement dropped, don't like it, quite random.

It's not a memorable cover, for sure, but the editorial seems to be a little better. Anna is really growing on me, she may not have my favorite look but she sure can model; and I'm thrilled about Ophélie on the cover.

am not feeling it at all, the soft filter gives it an amateur look

This is my issue with it. It's boring otherwise too, but the soft glow is just ridiculous. VI team just loves those cheap photoshop tools.

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Models: Anna Ewers, Ophelie Guillermand, Cindy Bruna, Lexi Boling, Mariana Santana, Elisabeth Erm, Ola Rudnicka, Imaan Hamman & Gracie Van Gastel
Styling: Marie-Amelie Sauvé
Hair: Guido
Make Up: Pat McGarth
Nails: Jin Soon Choi

glossynewsstand

I like most of the shots per se, but as a concept, it's lame.
Meisel's 'keeping up with things' has been looking kind of forced and desperate for a while now.

the one miscast in this is elisabeth, and it shows in the editorial. Ola's shots are not that strong either but i loved her in the video. Cindy, Anna, Imaan, and Mariana are the stand outs; especially cindy and anna

Gracie is the star of the cover. So beautiful

for me elisabeth and anna are the stars :heart: i wish it wasn't b&w though

I like it and it's great to see Imaan, but I would've like to see shots in colour.

Aww the graphic design in the video was so amazing and I was hoping to see it translated into the ed as well. But alas, no creativity there. The photos are lovely nonetheless and I still can't wait to buy the issue. Great cast of characters.

I like the showcard concept of the editorial, but I'll happily pass on that catalogue shot of a cover.

^Tottaly, there are better pics on the editorial than the cover.

It's safe to say the cover certainly doesn't ooze the drama and artistic direction Vogue Italia covers used to have. This is a pretty mundane cover (despite the evident resemblance between a couple of these girls and Cindy Crawford and Claudia Schiffer), completely lacking any sort of character or depth. I do love the model cards concept, though. The cover story shows far more promise than the cover shot and this is a nice introduction for the girls.

I quite like the concept, it's always surprising to see how they came up with ideas.

the HQ's

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Models: Anna Ewers, Ophelie Guillermand, Cindy Bruna, Lexi Boling, Mariana Santana, Elisabeth Erm, Ola Rudnicka, Imaan Hamman & Gracie Van Gastel
Styling: Marie-Amelie Sauvé
Hair: Guido
Make Up: Pat McGarth
Nails: Jin Soon Choi

glossynewsstand

Digital Edition Vogue Italia

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh