Vogue Germany January/February 2024 : Peggy Gou by Misha Taylor

Grey and yellow always have that February vibe when they're used on covers, it's like a combination of rainclouds but also the hint of spring.

Other than that, it's another cover of German Vogue that looks unfinished. It looks like a rough draft of an idea, rather than the final product.

I can understand if they want something more unpolished than other editions, or if they like a greater use of empty space - but there are ways of doing those things that look like someone invested careful thought in those elements.

Happy for Peggy! Hopefully this will sell, she's made Berlin her base. It's an okay cover, would've preferred her not covering her hands. Look forward to seeing the rest of the editorial.

everything works but her expression.

Inside…check the gallery

happy for her but I feel like they should’ve chosen a better cover photo. the white part of the dress is blending into the white wall and I keep thinking her legs are cut off

My digital edition shows 202 pages for this double-month issue, which comes with a Horoscope supplement. There's a reprint of the same "Trends" shoot from the front of Jan 24 UK Vogue, reprint of a Harris Reed article, there's a reprint of something shot by Emily Lipson, I vaguely remember it from a recent issue of Vogue Italia.

The cover story is followed by a reprint of the Carey Milligan cover feature from US Vogue, then a reprint of Sabine Getty at home, then a reprint of Anna Ewers by Bruno Staub from Vogue Italia, then a reprint of Paloma from Vogue Mexico, then a reprint of Karolina-by-the-sea from UK/Spanish Vogue.

Some of the more dissonant/abstract reprints look right at home in this edition.

Ph : Ok Peggy. lets shoot,
PG : Where?
Ph : Here, in your Room
PG : Ok, lets do it
Ph : Congrats, it will be cover for Vogue Germany
PG : Really? how come so easy?
Ph : Yeah, you wore LV, Thats it!

That cover need more text to fill the space.

Who would have though we'd have to start critiquing magazines for their lack of text! You are 100% right, the art direction (as per usual with Vogue Germany) leaves a whole lot to be desired here. Admittedly, the black and pale yellow works but the basic and amateur ultimately kills the finished product.

Isn't it a trend? less text? A single phrase or word and they think they are creating a 'collector's edition'. Vogue Brasil does exactly that, it's a shame there's nothing collectible there. With the price of magazines soaring, we need to know what's inside to buy - or not. I think this is a disservice

It's part of the trend towards "doing as little as possible" while still pretending you're selling a premium product.

Slap a word or two over low-effort visuals, and everyone thinks they're on a par with golden-era Vogue Italia.

She looks stunning, but the photo looks so empty, like it was for editorial and not a cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->