Vogue Germany January 2013 : Jessica Chastain by Bruce Weber

Chastain's editorial is another case of Arp using a super-overplayed theme (white girl and the black jazz musician, ohhh clever :rolleyes: ). Couldn't find her more brainless.

Jessica does look lovely though, much better than the cover shot where I had a hard time recognizing her.

I'm still not drinking the Upton Kool-Aid, completely homely in the face and quite one-dimensional in print. Surely the industry can find a more beautiful face to go with their poster girl for health. She doesn't work at all for in "Time that For Today"... almost comical, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Honestly, I have seldom seen any editorial being as German as "That Time For Today". The down-to-earth styling, the horse-theme, the men in classical shirts and suits, the garden/landscape backdrop... it all fits perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chastain's editorial is another case of Arp using a super-overplayed theme (white girl and the black jazz musician, ohhh clever :rolleyes: ). Couldn't find her more brainless.

Yeah the "unlikely pairing" editorial is so boring, vapid, and unoriginal

I'm a bit disappointed in Jessica's edit. Was really expecting something more creative based on the cover. On the other hand, Time That For Today is classic Bruce Weber (even though it does look a bit too much like a Ralph Lauren ad) and is beautiful styled by Christensen.

kate upton?? seriously?? what is up with vogue germany :(

^I guess the same that's up with US, UK and Italian Vogue.

Jessica is an incredibly talanted actress! I love the cover...

^I guess the same that's up with US, UK and Italian Vogue.
That's the truth. :lol: I don't mind Kate Upton, she's pretty and when she's styled properly she can be stunning, but her facial expressions are kind of off in the first editorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->