Vogue Germany March 2024 : Claudia Schiffer by Luigi & Iango

It's crazy how we had this same flow of conversation about Claudia and the rest of the supers after that Vogue UK cover. What Claudia that and this and why Claudia not.

Because she is missed! Her absence during the september and march issues of British Vogue reminded us how much we love these women. Even she wasn't part of the doc or Edward's past covers. Her name was the most commented on the British Vogue IG. Everybody loves her.

Because she is missed! Her absence during the september and march issues of British Vogue reminded us how much we love these women. Even she wasn't part of the doc or Edward's past covers. Her name was the most commented on the British Vogue IG. Everybody loves her.

But if she's everywhere all the time people will say they're tired just like they do with Linda and Naomi.
I'm happy she wasn't with the others and that she has her very own cover here and controlling her narrative! Plus, she had a group cover at Vanity Fair not long ago.
She looks as amazing and gorgeous as ever! I wish I could see her skin without Photoshop but I'm sure it's close to perfection!

I hope to get that Vanity Fair cover in a few months! I'm not tired of Linda at all. Naomi and Kate were overexposed during Edward's Vogue, I agree with that! But I still love them all. They are with musicians and actors my favorite icons.

It's crazy how we had this same flow of conversation about Claudia and the rest of the supers after that Vogue UK cover. What Claudia that and this and why Claudia not.
It's boring. People are acting like she's living in a dumpster, forgotten by all, because she wasn't included in a very SPECIFIC documentary/cover. As if that somehow negates her entire career, etc.

Do you mean THE SUPERMODELS? The only ones.

^_^
Yes, I mean the Supermodels, the original and only ones I consider worth being called this way. Nothing against them, that's a matter of personal taste, that's my own story with modeling... I know their place in modeling history, in fashion history as a whole and in recent decades' pop culture, they were the faces of their era etc. They were milestones, they remain legends but things/times/aesthetics have changed more than once since. And, no model or group of model after them (or, more exactly, very, very few ones) reached their status (especially as household names, beyond the fashion world's borders).
BUT... They don't belong to my own fashion universe, somehow. I've never been fond of that kind of "crossover popularity" (let's put it clearly: I'm not much into stardom at all), I don't get moved by the kind of beauty ideals they represent. Every now and then, and since their heyday, I like a photograph here or there with one of them because it's a great picture. Then it's just not my own golden age of fashion and modeling, I don't feel nostalgic of some fashionable era I wasn't involved in (despite an obvious love of mine for the 80's in general)... Oh, well, I guess I'm stepping too far on those territories, but that's my overall feeling towards that topic, and me getting slightly off-topic even if the cover-star here is Claudia (and the cover is definitely my favorite pic of the pack).

Straight guys don't know who are Christy and Linda, hahaha, that's super correct. Impossible to ignore Naomi because she's a celebrity, her personality and carisma are bigger than her own career (just like Kate). Then is Cindy, and she was the ultimate sex symbol after her Pepsi ads. Most of the people knew her trough those commercials, and also did Playboy like Naomi. Prince dedicated a song to her because she rejected him. Cindy was the most wanted woman on Earth. Of course being the partner of Richard Gere gave her more fame among regular people. And Claudia was the most popular name around the world. If you ask about fashion to the people outide that world in the 90s, their answear of their knowledge will be Claudia or Naomi. Claudia represented the beauty standard of the late 80s and early 90s. Also Claudia became more famous for dating Copperfield at the time. That couple was a dreamy fairytale for popular culture. I remember that as a kid, I was in love with that pair together.
That's totally right. Not sure why some people try to rewrite the history. :doh: Especially when they were not there living those years. :innocent:

I don't feel nostalgic of some fashionable era I wasn't involved in (despite an obvious love of mine for the 80's in general)...).
Now I understand your despise. It's like some kind of jealousy. :doh: Because I don't know any real fashion lover who don't celebrate the majestuosity of the ultimate high fashion model: Linda Evangelista.

I understand if you don't like Cindy or Claudia. But Linda is Linda! :blush:

Now I understand your despise. It's like some kind of jealousy. :doh: Because I don't know any real fashion lover who don't celebrate the majestuosity of the ultimate high fashion model: Linda Evangelista.

I understand if you don't like Cindy or Claudia. But Linda is Linda! :blush:
People can dislike things for reasons that aren't simply attributed to jealousy. This isn't the second grade.

Linda is like The Beatles for fashion. She's number one in everyone's book. Though in Argentina Claudia was by far more popular compared to her. I learned about Linda reading some L'Oreal advertorial when I was 16, quite late. This country was very blonde-centric at the time. And there was like a mediatic (but not real) competition between Valeria Mazza and Claudia.

Last edited by a moderator:
People can dislike things for reasons that aren't simply attributed to jealousy. This isn't the second grade.

I never wrote "People". Penny609 gave her reasons:

I've never been fond of that kind of "crossover popularity" (let's put it clearly: I'm not much into stardom at all)

but they don't apply to Linda. Like Ivano wrote, Linda was the high fashion darling but never had the mainstream appeal of Cindy or Claudia.

^_^

Oh, where did @penny609 say she was jealous? Specifically. I don't see that word in her comment at all or anything even alluding to jealousy.

Oh, where did @penny609 say she was jealous? Specifically. I don't see that word in her comment at all or anything even alluding to jealousy.
Thank you! Definitely no jealousy here, and not a single bit of bitter feelings of any kind. And I do not despise the Supermodels, they're just not my cup of tea as I (too longly) explained earlier.

And Linda Evangelista, for example, is not my cup of tea at all. Her work is not the kind of modeling that makes my eyes melt, not the kind that feeds my imagination (as for her mainstream appeal, as it was mentioned, I knew her before I started being involved in or even interested in fashion because she used to date some french football player or something...). Just as I didn't like Coco Rocha's modeling (that was my era, this time), especially with Meisel, even if I couldn't deny it was something special to witness. There are many talented models, for nearly as many reasons. Some are chameleons, some have their signature style, some aren't versatile but can rely on their specific looks or auras etc. After, it's a matter of taste. But, again, no jealousy (jealousy about what? I don't even get it...) or reason to despise what doesn't please my own taste.

Back to this particuliar Vogue issue, as I said, I truly love the cover and feels bad for the editorial that is clearly not as thrilling. Rather plain and generic compared to the tongue-in-cheek composition of the cover. But that's Vogue nowadays, I assume. That's a much bigger problem to me (the current state of so many magazines) than the way one person or another feels about one model's or another's talent. Or, sadly enough to me, about her popularity or "icon" status, things I don't really care about at the end of the day.

^Unlike the previous post showing some editorial outtakes, those are way more pleasing to the (my) eye. I do like the first, third and last images. Am I becoming a huge fan of that plus-size cat? Haha. All in all, the editorial, provided we've seen the whole spread, isn't as bad and deconnected from the cover as I used to think five minutes ago. Just a couple unnecessary shots that make the message (if there is any... or at least, the kind of aesthetic statement - again, wondering wild about this...) not as clear as it could have been. A hit or a miss? A tad of both, awkwardly blended...

I'm bored (or pissed) about racism and rude comments but never about the talk about these girls.

Are you kidding me with all of the lukewarm reactions to this cover?! It’s stunning! After the years of insufferable trash covers we finally have something vibrant with a model that looks so shockingly timeless. I honestly can’t take my eyes off her. The cat is perfection. I love the styling. The editorial is also out of this world perfection for the simple fact that Claudia shows us how it’s done. The eye contact, the life she brings to each shot…

I didn’t mind Claudia back during her heyday but I sort of wasn’t sure about her (once you’re in a Guess ad you sort of become cheap to me 🤣🤣🤣). Even as the Chanel girl… or on the Versace runway… I never quite connected with her. But now, against the backdrop of pretty lousy modeling these days, I can see why she is truly the cream of the crop.

I need this issue. It’s so fun and something I won’t tire of seeing. 🥰

I don’t know what it is—i’m not even a cat person— but I kind of love this cover the more I look at it

^^that looks photoshoped, no way a cat who is uncomfortable will stay put :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valeriolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->