Vogue Greece April 2020 : Bella Hadid by Chris Colls

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by MON, Mar 19, 2020.

1. anaa lpz

anaa lpz Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who doesn't see a clear "winner" on that exchange? Or maybe I am missing some extra information that makes it super clear.

2. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Well-Known Member

Well, Chris Colls is a rising photographer who is yet to produce any work at all to be considered iconic by the fashion majority (majority is the word), he is nowhere near the top level.
    Bella Hadid is a household name all over the world, not for older generations maybe, but the vast majority of Gen Z and Gen Y know exactly who she is.
    So, we come to a conclusion, that magazines do not lose anything at all by ditching Chris Colls, maybe lose some uninspired editorials, but the impact Bella has on cover sales is on the whole different level.

3. anaa lpz

anaa lpz Well-Known Member

Ok, but when I read those messages I don't immediately think "Oh, silly Chris. Vogue Greece cares more about Bella" or anything like that. What I think is that both adults should be mature enough not to write that kind of thing on social media.
    And I like Bella, and now that she is an absolute sweetheart. So this doesn't come from a Bella hater or a Colls lover. I could care less about him. I just thought it was fascinating that the reaction was so anonymous given the content we got. But, to each their own, as always.

LostInNJ likes this.
  4. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Well-Known Member

That is exactly the problem of social media and digital age in general. Almost always people are too self-conscious to express their own opinion and this situation in fashion industry is more of a breath of fresh air. Before the Instagram/imagery boom, when we (me + team members) worked on fashion shoots, it was normal to say that this or that didn't work and was outright bad. I assume the same thing would apply to big publications with big photographers, it is just not disclosed, because fashion and all the creative industries in general are the most "snowflake" ones.

Bertrando3, MulletProof and aracic like this.
  5. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

I find these to be gorgeous. My favourite out the two is the second cover, since normally I loathe filters layered over cover images but teamed with the closeup portrait of Bella and the minimal art direction - everything just works perfectly.

Also love the interpretation of the 'we are one' cover line. It's their first anniversary since the relaunch but also perfectly timed for the on-going coronavirus situation across the globe, suggesting we're all in this together. Nail on the head! :heart:

Sailor and jorgepalomo like this.
  6. DK92

DK92 Active Member

I found Bella quite disrespectful. I'm actually surprised that some members found her behavior is "ok", if it were with Meisel your reaction would have been completely different!

sixtdaily and Bertrando3 like this.
  7. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

Why? She's in her right to say she doesn't like a picture of her.

KateIsGr8 likes this.
  8. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

This iconic video clip immediately came to mind when I saw those comments lol

As a very crucial part of the whole image-making crew, models are certainly entitled to their opinion whether the photographer likes it or not. I guess we'll never know whether Bella openly expressed her disagreement (a la Naomi) during the shoot or not, but it's not disrespectful of her to admit she doesn't like the outcome lol

Anyway, that's two out of three Vogue covers she shot back in Paris, if I remember correctly - this and Korea by Luigi & Iango. So unless we count the Colls covers separately, I wonder which edition is going to be the third.

9. Blayne266

Blayne266 Well-Known Member

Noticed Bella has since Deleted both covers off of her Instagram. Must of been some behind the scenes conflict after the comments made on the posts.

10. subway 123

subway 123 Well-Known Member

Caroline Brasch Nielsen by Anna Daki
    Daga Ziober by Dionisis Andrianopoulous
    Bella Hadid by Chris Colls
    Primrose Archer by Liz Collins

11. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

Can u post?

12. Zorka

Zorka Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WE ARE ONE
    Photographer:
    Chris Colls
    Stylist: Tonne Goodman
    Hair: Ward Stegerhoek
    Make-Up: Frank B
    Model: Bella Hadid

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

kendam.com

13. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

The third and last photo could've been better covers.

14. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Wow, actually loving Bella's ed.

axiomatic likes this.