Vogue Hellas November 2011:Aymeline Valade by Giampaolo Sgura

jermaineho

Reaction score
:shock: Aymeline Valade scored another Vogue cover??

facebook/voguehellas

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I was about to post it, it's reprint from Vogue Japan, shot by Giampaolo Sgura.

It's a reprint from Vogue Japan October 2011 :flower:
I'll try to track this down today if it's out and see if it has any good contents.

After looking at the review on the website there appears to be only ONE :ninja: original editorial and the rest are reprints (Freja by Demarchelier, Stella Tennant by Sims, Aymeline by Sgura and an ed Emma Summerton).

Don't be too harsh on Vogue Hellas! With the economic slump in Greece I think its great they still 'doing there thing'

I do like the image though better than the actual Vogue Nippon December Aymeline cover

^Except they aren't exactly doing there thing, its basically full of reprints, that is lazy. Its hard not to be harsh, text overload again, the cover reprint choice is ok although it feels more like Elle than Vogue to me. That's just my opinion.

'doing there thing' i.e. surviving the economic climate and still able to produce SOME original content.

And maybe they are doing reprints because their lacking funds due to the economy

Don't be too harsh on Vogue Hellas! With the economic slump in Greece I think its great they still 'doing there thing'

I do like the image though better than the actual Vogue Nippon December Aymeline cover

lol :lol: "their thing" equals doing nothing and reprinting everything they like from other editions lol Way to go!:innocent:

After looking at the review on the website there appears to be only ONE :ninja: original editorial and the rest are reprints (Freja by Demarchelier, Stella Tennant by Sims, Aymeline by Sgura and an ed Emma Summerton).

such a lazy edition should disappear, at least Vogue Portugal and Taiwan are bad, but they try lol! Ok the results are hideous and horrendous but lol yeah lol...

Agree with AL92 about the economic factor, Greece is in a very bad economic condition from what I know, but leave this... I don't think many people in Greece buy foreign editions of Vogue. I was in Athens this summer and each newsstand had only 2 or 3 copies of foreign magazines and only in some specific places, not in whole city. Having reprints, readers get chance to see editorials shot by top photographers, which Vogue Greece can't afford, and see models of the moment.

Since I am Greek I'm well aware of our financial situation but it would be nice if there was a balance between original and reprinted eds; for example two original eds and two reprinted but when there's only one original and four reprinted then I don't see the reason to spend my money especially when I have all the issues the reprinted eds came from. Tarsha people in Greece do buy international magazines but since there's a newsstand in literally every block in big cities here I can't imagine each and every one of them carrying foreign magazines. It's the same thing as in most countries (in London for example there are not international magazines everywhere).

^Hmm I wouldn't consider November a 'big' magazine month, so maybe for their December issue they'll have something more original! However, I do remember some stunning Hellas covers that are original i.e. their anniversary issues so I know they have the capability to produce images that are quite arresting.

^^Yes for Vogue Hellas December is the biggest issue of the year and the cover is usually original but still it doesn't justify the lack of original content in this issue especially when it costs 6,90 euros :ninja: (I can get Vogue US or Vogue Paris at the same price).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->