Vogue Hong Kong November 2020 : Zendaya by Djeneba Aduayom

No thanks, to everything!
She clearly seems to have some sort of passion for high fashion, but these sort of thematic shoots are better left to the models. Here the entire things look like a TikToker playing at ANTM. Guess it's perfect for this irrelevant Vogue edition.

Its not getting better

I know Zendaya and Storm Reid are best friend but she looks like Storm Reid here lol

if you knew the ins account of its EIC, you won't be surprised by this cover

Honestly I expected worse from this edition, that's how low they are right now...

She has the physique of a model and is usually photographed well but the pose and the set here look like a parody of High Fashion. Very ANTM-worthy indeed.

I like the intention of the concept but the execution is so amateur imo.

Seems her Vogue July 2017 will still be her sole good shoot and cover if my memory serves me correctly.

it’s almost good - maybe a real model would’ve elevated this picture. Zendaya is beautiful and has a great sense of fashion (or is it her Personal Stylist?...), but something feels undone.

the video on VHK Instagram looks very nice though - it looks like it was made from the shots of the editorial (with some Instagram filter...) but there are nice pictures, even if the same background feels repetitive.

I thought the Vogue Hong Kong EIC is Peter Wong

Without any official statement, but we now know for sure that Peter is stepping down from EIC and keep staying in the team as culture editor.
I assume that he realized EIC was not a position for him and made deal with Vogue to continue contribute in other position.

Something about her doesn’t connect in print and it’s weird because she a lot of qualities of a model

Zandaya is one of the few celebrity that I truly believe has the high fashion potential All of her red carpet appearance and Met Gala give me hope but she consistently fell short in print
It is rather disappointing Her US Vogue should have been a dream but we know how that one went
I’d optimistic about the Ed though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->