Vogue Hong Kong September 2021 by Luigi & Iango

I can't really recall but she said something about over "the Luigi and Iango treatment " : retouching and apparently covering up her body next to the others girls on the cover
No lies detected, lol.

If they keep professional, there should be problem with that. I remember photographers rejecting the subject and losing contracts and campaigns for doing that (like Teller refusing Miley for Marc Jacobs and loosing all their future campaigns).

I like everything but the drop shadow effect on the text that makes them look amateur

What is with that terrible fake light they used? Dreadful.

The Vogue (including all other fashion magazines, of course!) has only one and solely purpose: TO SELL THE CLOTHES (and some extremely questionable ideas/ideology lately, but that is not the point of what I'm trying to say here).

Kind of true. At their core, it is to sell advertising space, and secondary it is to market clothes to consumers.

So, the average Vogue's/fashion magazines' consumer couldn't care less about graphic designers' excellent skills and/or exceptional creativity, models' technical proficiency and/or versatility, etc, etc, etc.

Hmm... I disagree with this. The average Vogue consumer couldn't tell you WHY something looks cheap, but they feel it/know it. These covers look very tacky and cheap, especially considering the crew involved in its creation. Most people may not have the language to tell you why that is, but they KNOW it is. I may not be able to tell you technically WHY I loved Nicolas Ghesquire's Balenciaga over Alexander Wang's, but I just KNOW I do. Design exists a bit in the back of our heads, not at the forefront, but an average Vogue reader can definitely pick up on bad design.

That being said, your post was adorable to read to dontbeadrag, and I loved reading it :heart::heart:

The average Vogue consumer couldn't tell you WHY something looks cheap, but they feel it/know it. These covers look very tacky and cheap, especially considering the crew involved in its creation. Most people may not have the language to tell you why that is, but they KNOW it is. I may not be able to tell you technically WHY I loved Nicolas Ghesquire's Balenciaga over Alexander Wang's, but I just KNOW I do. Design exists a bit in the back of our heads, not at the forefront, but an average Vogue reader can definitely pick up on bad design.

First of all, THANK YOU for your kind words, they mean a lot! :flower:

Second, I'm afraid you didn't understand me well: when I wrote that the average Vogue consumer couldn't care less about design, I meant (as I wrote) graphic design - and our very own @dontbeadrag is undoubtedly one of the best in its field! - and NOT the fashion design that you imply by citing Nicolas Ghesquière as an example, but not David Milan for instance.

Amazing editorial, I am floored by the disgusting covers. Such a shame, the covers and the editorial are UNIVERSES apart.

The editorial is like Annie for Vogue US if she was actually a good photographer without the excessive tacky Photoshop. So beautiful.

Couldn't agree more, the pictures showed on IG are THE BEST September issue material so far, however I'm a bit concerned how many of them and in which order ended in the magazine…

(Namely, as we saw in Vogue Japan September issue, a lot of very good pictures Luigi & Iango posted on their IG, actually never made it to print!)

Wow, what a location! Vogue Hong Kong really hits the jackpot whenever they team up with Luigi & Iango, this editorial is magnificent.

They truly need to find a new proper art director to replace those hideous layouts that make everything about this magazine cheap and tasteless.

Wow, what a location! Vogue Hong Kong really hits the jackpot whenever they team up with Luigi & Iango, this editorial is magnificent.

They truly need to find a new proper art director to replace those hideous layouts that make everything about this magazine cheap and tasteless.

Who is the art director of this magazine?...

love the editorial and the steampunkish vibe that it has!
all girls have stunning shots!

the hair、makeup & styling ruined all of this..... Nothing interested me.

did not expect that beautiful Vittoria could be that awful and lackluster on the cover...

What is this? It speaks volumes about Hong Kong's descent into irrelevancy that the mainland edition comes off as much more cosmopolitan, sophisticated and artful than the dreck they keep churning out...how times change!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->