Vogue India October 2008 : Aishwarya Rai

pmegha

Reaction score
Here is Vogue India's cover for October featuring Aishwarya Rai.

source: rediff.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally! :clap: An ordinary cover, but I absolutely love Aishwarya. She deserves this.

Well...you know...it is at least visually pleasing in the US Vogue style. Any Vogue India cover that doesn't send me screaming in the opposite direction is a good thing.

:sick: At least she's wearing Dior couture.

Don't like the cover at all

Disappointingly designed cover, but I suppose they wanted Aish's beauty to speak for itself.

this cover is kinda good. i only ever bought one issue of vogue india though and i didnt like it much.

Its to plain and amateur looking like all of their covers, and i am surprised she didnt get the cover like immediately they launched it.

I actually like this cover! It was about time that she got one.

Gah! They've compiled a list of the 50 most glamorous Indians - the list is a joke. I mean, they've got Ekta Kapoor, Rani Mukherjee and Shilpa Shetty on that list (these three women have tacky style, IMO...no sense of fashion), but they left out Preity Zinta and Sonam Kapoor (two women that can actually dress themselves properly and look damn good)?

Indis’s 50 most glamorous – Arundhati Roy | Vanisha Mittal Bhatia | Kareena and Saif | Madhuri Dixit Nene | Feroz Gujral | Priyanka Gandhi Vadra | Kalyani Chawla | Nina Manuel | Shilpa Shetty | Smiti Kanodia | Shabana Azmi | Dimple Kapadia | Parmeshwar Godrej | Maneka Gandhi | Sangita Jindal | Rani Mukherji | Rekha | Aishwarya Rai Bachchan | Chiki Sarkar | Gauri Khan | Vasundhara Raje Scindia | Queenie Dhodie | Mallika Sarabhai | Padma Lakshmi | Shaheen Mistri | Indra Nooyi | Adhuna Akhtar | Pinky Reddy | Bipasha Basu | Minal Modi | Mehr Jesia |” Sunita Menon | Kiran Rao | Zohra Sehgal | Tabu | Nita Ambani | Shobhaa De | Shobana | Barkha Dutt | Ekta Kapoor | Deepika Padukone | Kiran Mazumdar Shaw | Sanjana Kapoor | Maliak Arora Khan | Chitrangada Singh | Tina Ambani | Shereen Bhan | Anoushka Shankar | Komal Chabria Wazir | Renuka Chowdhury
source: ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like they put her in a couture gown and just sat her down in some ordinary room and took a photograph. She looks pretty though.

Gah! They've compiled a list of the 50 most glamorous Indians - the list is a joke. I mean, they've got Ekta Kapoor, Rani Mukherjee and Shilpa Shetty on that list (these three women have tacky style, IMO...no sense of fashion), but they left out Preity Zinta and Sonam Kapoor (two women that can actually dress themselves properly and look damn good)?

Indis’s 50 most glamorous – Arundhati Roy | Vanisha Mittal Bhatia | Kareena and Saif | Madhuri Dixit Nene | Feroz Gujral | Priyanka Gandhi Vadra | Kalyani Chawla | Nina Manuel | Shilpa Shetty | Smiti Kanodia | Shabana Azmi | Dimple Kapadia | Parmeshwar Godrej | Maneka Gandhi | Sangita Jindal | Rani Mukherji | Rekha | Aishwarya Rai Bachchan | Chiki Sarkar | Gauri Khan | Vasundhara Raje Scindia | Queenie Dhodie | Mallika Sarabhai | Padma Lakshmi | Shaheen Mistri | Indra Nooyi | Adhuna Akhtar | Pinky Reddy | Bipasha Basu | Minal Modi | Mehr Jesia |” Sunita Menon | Kiran Rao | Zohra Sehgal | Tabu | Nita Ambani | Shobhaa De | Shobana | Barkha Dutt | Ekta Kapoor | Deepika Padukone | Kiran Mazumdar Shaw | Sanjana Kapoor | Maliak Arora Khan | Chitrangada Singh | Tina Ambani | Shereen Bhan | Anoushka Shankar | Komal Chabria Wazir | Renuka Chowdhury
source: ebay

Wow this list is really ridiculous. When they were compiling this list they were definitely thinking glamourous, but definitely not stylish.

Where was this shot? A 2 star hotel? My god look at the background. Who thought having 60% of the background being a dingy brown wall would look great on a cover? The angle is very dull and ordinary too - it looks like she was refusing to get up off her *** and pose.

VOGUE India consistently produces the worst VOGUE covers in the world.

how dare they
make her si tin the dior
haute couture gown
it looked way better standing up

it's a nice cover to celebrate 1 years issue, but still it's looks amateur shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->