Vogue India April 2008 : Lakshmi Menon by Prabuddha Dasgupta

One of my favorite models! This cover looks sensational, of course!

This is better than any cover of Vogue that had swimwear in recent memory, and I'm glad that she is getting the cover. Gorgeous, I will track this down if it's the last thing I do but it'll be a good three months:rolleyes: (the one place in Seattle that gets them is a good 2-3 months behind).

Fashion edits: I spoke too soon. There is only ONE original editorial in this issue...

Summer High : Sunny days are here again, and what better way to bask in the sun than with the coolest fashion regalia of the season. Here are the definitive must-haves for coastal cool
Pages: 18
Model: Lakshmi Menon
Photographer: Prabuddha Dasgupta

Bright Magic: Saturated color-blocking, controlled lines and an expressive palette like that of a circus, in a setting inspired by the genius artist - Matisse.
Pages: 12
Model: Unknown
Photographer: Sophie Delaporte

Tripple Effect: Wild tawny bracelets, reptilian jewels, sea horses in a shoal of opals and fish sealed in diamonds. Feral jewels have us diving headfirst into the animal kingdom.
Pages: 4
Model: None
Photographer: Thomas Lagrange

Nomadic Verse : While trailing the eccentric fashion gypsy, its the lyrical words of William Bliss Carmen that come to mind: "...we must rise and follow her; when from every hill of flame, she calls and calls each vagabond by name."
Model: Tanya P.
Photographer: James Meakin

Vogue Shops

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01956.jpg

DSC01957.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

DSC01960.jpg

DSC01961.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a good cover. i like her dark skin set against the pale washed out background. but what really bugs me is the sunglasses and bag combo, for some reason it just makes it catalog-y?

Lakshmi is so gorgeous in that yellow dress! But some of those shots are too similar to paris vogue beach editorials.

Fashion edits: I spoke too soon. There is only ONE original editorial in this issue...

Summer High : Sunny days are here again, and what better way to bask in the sun than with the coolest fashion regalia of the season. Here are the definitive must-haves for coastal cool
Pages: 18
Model: Lakshmi Menon
Photographer: Prabuddha Dasgupta

Bright Magic: Saturated color-blocking, controlled lines and an expressive palette like that of a circus, in a setting inspired by the genius artist - Matisse.
Model: Unknown
Photographer: Sophie Delaporte

Tripple Effect: Wild tawny bracelets, reptilian jewels, sea horses in a shoal of opals and fish sealed in diamonds. Feral jewels have us diving headfirst into the animal kingdom.
Pages: 4
Model: None
Photographer: Thomas Lagrange

Nomadic Verse : While trailing the eccentric fashion gypsy, its the lyrical words of William Bliss Carmen that come to mind: "...we must rise and follow her; when from every hill of flame, she calls and calls each vagabond by name."
Model: Tanya P.
Photographer: James Meakin
Thanks for the review and snaps.:flower:

Lakshmi is an amazing model. She deserves so much more! The shot in the yellow tulle dress is indeed priceless :heart:

Is it Tanya P or Tanya D in Nomadic Verse? D sounds more likely tbh...

Lakshmi is so gorgeous in that yellow dress! But some of those shots are too similar to paris vogue beach editorials.
True. But Vogue India is fairly new so I don't expect them to be perfect just yet.

i love the ed. Lakshimi looks great!

TERRIBLE styling, and potography, poor lakshmi, she proably w't even want to be associated with this ed...I hope she as a stellar career nonetheless....

i agree this is their best cover ever though theres somwthing abt the bag the editorial on the other hand is hot! I love most of the shots

Last edited by a moderator:
Lakshmi is an amazing model. She deserves so much more! The shot in the yellow tulle dress is indeed priceless :heart:

Is it Tanya P or Tanya D in Nomadic Verse? D sounds more likely tbh...
Definitely not Tanya D. Its Tanya P.

I want this issue so badly. Does anyone know a store that definitely sells this in the UK?

Thank you SO much for these pictures, MarryMeTomFord! I'm so glad she finally got a cover.

I want this issue so badly. Does anyone know a store that definitely sells this in the UK?

borders carry vogue india, last time i looked (a week or so ago) they were still on february's issue, so you have some time to wait yet.:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->