Vogue India October 2008 : Aishwarya Rai

how many pages is this issue? Any scans yet? The glamor issue? I hope its not flithy rich Indians flaunting their filthy rich tasteless wares:sick:

its too simple for an anniversary cover, but she still looks beautiful

a bit disappointing and boring. imho, it doesn't look like the real vogue at all..

This is a boring cover!
Aishwarya looks nice, but they could have made such a better cover shot for the 1 year anniversary issue. It could have been so much more exciting.

Gah! They've compiled a list of the 50 most glamorous Indians - the list is a joke. I mean, they've got Ekta Kapoor, Rani Mukherjee and Shilpa Shetty on that list (these three women have tacky style, IMO...no sense of fashion), but they left out Preity Zinta and Sonam Kapoor (two women that can actually dress themselves properly and look damn good)?

Indis’s 50 most glamorous – Arundhati Roy | Vanisha Mittal Bhatia | Kareena and Saif | Madhuri Dixit Nene | Feroz Gujral | Priyanka Gandhi Vadra | Kalyani Chawla | Nina Manuel | Shilpa Shetty | Smiti Kanodia | Shabana Azmi | Dimple Kapadia | Parmeshwar Godrej | Maneka Gandhi | Sangita Jindal | Rani Mukherji | Rekha | Aishwarya Rai Bachchan | Chiki Sarkar | Gauri Khan | Vasundhara Raje Scindia | Queenie Dhodie | Mallika Sarabhai | Padma Lakshmi | Shaheen Mistri | Indra Nooyi | Adhuna Akhtar | Pinky Reddy | Bipasha Basu | Minal Modi | Mehr Jesia |” Sunita Menon | Kiran Rao | Zohra Sehgal | Tabu | Nita Ambani | Shobhaa De | Shobana | Barkha Dutt | Ekta Kapoor | Deepika Padukone | Kiran Mazumdar Shaw | Sanjana Kapoor | Maliak Arora Khan | Chitrangada Singh | Tina Ambani | Shereen Bhan | Anoushka Shankar | Komal Chabria Wazir | Renuka Chowdhury
source: ebay

How did Ekta Kapoor make that list?:shock:

Preity and Sonam (and maybe Katrina) definitely should have been on that list.

I kind of think its an okay cover, simple and plain...

Gah! They've compiled a list of the 50 most glamorous Indians - the list is a joke. I mean, they've got Ekta Kapoor, Rani Mukherjee and Shilpa Shetty on that list (these three women have tacky style, IMO...no sense of fashion), but they left out Preity Zinta and Sonam Kapoor (two women that can actually dress themselves properly and look damn good)?

Indis’s 50 most glamorous – Arundhati Roy | Vanisha Mittal Bhatia | Kareena and Saif | Madhuri Dixit Nene | Feroz Gujral | Priyanka Gandhi Vadra | Kalyani Chawla | Nina Manuel | Shilpa Shetty | Smiti Kanodia | Shabana Azmi | Dimple Kapadia | Parmeshwar Godrej | Maneka Gandhi | Sangita Jindal | Rani Mukherji | Rekha | Aishwarya Rai Bachchan | Chiki Sarkar | Gauri Khan | Vasundhara Raje Scindia | Queenie Dhodie | Mallika Sarabhai | Padma Lakshmi | Shaheen Mistri | Indra Nooyi | Adhuna Akhtar | Pinky Reddy | Bipasha Basu | Minal Modi | Mehr Jesia |” Sunita Menon | Kiran Rao | Zohra Sehgal | Tabu | Nita Ambani | Shobhaa De | Shobana | Barkha Dutt | Ekta Kapoor | Deepika Padukone | Kiran Mazumdar Shaw | Sanjana Kapoor | Maliak Arora Khan | Chitrangada Singh | Tina Ambani | Shereen Bhan | Anoushka Shankar | Komal Chabria Wazir | Renuka Chowdhury
source: ebay

Amazing women (the bolded ones, I mean)! Thanks for the list.

The cover...:sick: Aish's beauty is totally overrated! The ed looks nice.

the Aish cover and edit are shot by Farokh Chhotia. The issue is 452 pages big:woot:. The highlights for me would be the articles on Marc Jacobs, John Galliano, Penelope Cruz. The lowlights would be the Conde Naste "Gold List" ...what should i do with that in a fashion mag? I'll buy Traveller if i want to see the world^_^
If it were me, the pic of Aishwarya with the backless gown would be the cover shot. I'm no Aish fan, but she looks pretty there....

Last edited by a moderator:
It feels like a bridal magazine though...

but it's nice to see Aishwarya landed a cover (but for me nothing beats the Kareena Kapoor issue!)

I love seeing Aishwarya on the cover of Vogue India! She is so amazingly beautiful I'm surprised that she didn't land their first cover to start with. I bought the magazine and her editorial is even better than what I thought. Pitty that the rest of the magazine doesn't follow the trend.

I love seeing Aishwarya on the cover of Vogue India! She is so amazingly beautiful I'm surprised that she didn't land their first cover to start with. I bought the magazine and her editorial is even better than what I thought. Pitty that the rest of the magazine doesn't follow the trend.

Good to hear that. Can you share images of Aishwarya's edit?? ^_^

the Aish cover and edit are shot by Farokh Chhotia. The issue is 452 pages big:woot:. The highlights for me would be the articles on Marc Jacobs, John Galliano, Penelope Cruz. The lowlights would be the Conde Naste "Gold List" ...what should i do with that in a fashion mag? I'll buy Traveller if i want to see the world^_^
If it were me, the pic of Aishwarya with the backless gown would be the cover shot. I'm no Aish fan, but she looks pretty there....
Thanks for the photographer's name. I was able to find her edit on his site.

pg1.jpg

pg2.jpg

pg3.jpg

pg4.jpg

Farokh Chothia

Really boring.

Good to hear that. Can you share images of Aishwarya's edit?? ^_^
Hi, I've just seen your post! I'd gladly scan Aishwarya's edit (it would be a first for mem though, never scanned anything before, so it might get a bit messy, LOL) but somebody has already posted her pics on another post and believe me, they're as clear as they could be, so I guess I'll have to challenge my scanning skills later.:flower:

ummm, i like the simplicity and the concept of her and she looks purtty too, but the background really buctchered it after being so blah and neutral. They should choose somthing like teal or burgundy.

Its to plain and amateur looking like all of their covers, and i am surprised she didnt get the cover like immediately they launched it.

I'm surprised it took them this long to get her on the cover too. It's not a bad cover,there is beauty in simplicity.

And I agree with whoever who said that Preity should be on the glamorous list

Effing finally! She should have got the premier issue's cover, but it's not like I'm ever gonna buy the magazine, so bygons. I love this woman and I wish more Indians would realise what a fine export and embassador she is for their fine country, instead of trashing her all the time. She's so elegant and beautiful, and I also think this shows that High Fashion couture can also look good on women who aren't waifs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->