Vogue India April 2008 : Lakshmi Menon by Prabuddha Dasgupta

MarryMeTomFord

Reaction score
Was soo looking forward to seeing Laxmi on the cover (She was on the inaugural issue cover, but tucked away on the inside cover)

The best Indian Vogue cover so far, IMO:flower:

vogueapril.jpg

vogueapril01.jpg

what is it with Vogue India and their Bollywood related cover headlines in each issue?! At least kudos to them for NOT putting Aishwarya Rai on the cover :-P
Source: Vogue.in

Last edited by a moderator:
it's Lakshmi as far as I know
I didn't notice how masculine her face looks but maybe
it's because she wears no makeup, nice cover!

^I think she writes her name 'Laxmi' instead of the usual (but similarly pronounced) Lakshmi. Thats how her name is printed in Vogue too.

Lakshmi looks fantabulous! She's so divine and like an Indian goddess coming out from the ocean!:woot: Hopefully with this cover, her presence on the runways will be more conspicuous in the future....more Indian models on the runways!:lol:

Fantastic cover, i second that thought that its best India Vogue cover so faar.

It looks like UK Vogue's cousin, in terms of the cover (vaguely reminds me of an old Amber Valletta cover) and the page design. All positive, I like it.

I think Lakshmi is gorgeous but that cover doesn't really do her justice.. It's nice but I expected to go "wow" when I read the title of the thread

i love everything about the cover except her face. it's a little to harsh. I can't wait till Luxx sees this lol.

I LOVE Lakshmi, she is incredibly gorgeous and perfect for french vogue, but this cover is TERRIBLE!

i love everything about the cover except her face. it's a little to harsh. I can't wait till Luxx sees this lol.
^_^ :heart:

I agree that the cover is not doing her justice but I'm just so happy that she's on the cover. I hope she has an editorial as well :buzz: I can't wait to get this issue!!

Not that great of a cover, but I'm glad it's Lakshmi!! :D

The lighting is a bit flat and there are too many accessories! Ugly bag :sick:
Her face looks perfect though.

They need to distinguish the text from UK vogue a little :doh:

I like it, definitely a step up from their previous covers. I agree with sethii, though, questionable styling, and not that great of a photograph. But Lakshmi looks wonderful nonetheless, excellent cover choice.

Thanks for posting, MMTF. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->