Vogue Italia February 2010 : Agyness, Daphne & Jamie by Steven Meisel

So disappointed... The last VI cover that I liked was January 2009 with Anna J, Anna S & Sasonkina trinity.

Their covers become so bad. I do not know what is happening to Meisel and Sozzani.

Daphne's eyes are a give away. Great for her!

Their covers start looking like pictures from fancy dress parties... so boring...

So disappointed... The last VI cover that I liked was January 2009 with Anna J, Anna S & Sasonkina trinity.

Their covers become so bad. I do not know what is happening to Meisel and Sozzani.
My thoughts exactly. The cover looks really bad, it reminds me of the Sept cover too much. The only good thing is that Daphne is here.

I really hate the cover. :ninja: What Meisel is doing for VI these days doesn't look so great as before. Sometimes I feel that Meisel has lost it...

:ninja: What a coincidence! I was thinking about the cover of this issue the other day and I was like "how about Agyness(and some others I hate) on the cover" and now there she is!:shock::ninja:
I don't know why this cover reminds me of last September issue a lot. But certainly not feeling about this one.

Nice to see those Blumarine outfits. It's February after all.:innocent:

I don't like any of them...:unsure: and the result don't convince me much.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:yuk:

It's a little bit busy, maybe....

Ah, no, actually it's very, very busy. Looks like Romy & Michelle & Daphne Guinness. :unsure:

The girl in the middle looks a little like Hannelore Knuts.

^Hannelore would have been fantastic, I think Daphne could play the mother of Masha Novoselova on that cover.

So young so cool last year and now those Individuals? Nothing against Jamie and I'm not familiar with Daphne but they are odd and boring choices.

If Meisel plans to ruin every February issue cast-wise then he's doing it right.

Are there any other models in that editorial? I sure hope so, some Dree Hemingway and Eliza Cummings would be nice. :ninja:

ETA: Seeing the four pictures in Why Not's portfolio for Agyness makes me even less excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daphne:wub: Agyness:heart: Jamie:shock: I like it. Nothing special though. But you can't deny it, AGYNESS killed this cover. She looks a million percent different. STUNNING

I like it in some way but I don't like it because of something too. :shock:

No, this does nothing for me. Horrible casting. The return of Laura is not welcomed in my house. I won't be buying this issue.

Ah, well, there could be other interesting editorials, I guess.

Horrible casting? :unsure:

The story is called "individuals" and those three seem perfectly suited for the concept, if you ask me.

Looks like outtakes from this issue:

WhyNot

thanks again tarsha :wink: I'm really happy for Agyness although I would've preferred Coco Rocha in the middle :innocent:

Bad execution. I had presumed that Jamie would receive another cover at some point this year, and this one could have been much more appealing if she had been the solo cover subject. This is not what I was expecting and am somewhat disappointed, though the accompanying editorial looks relatively decent. I am glad to see that there are not obnoxious images spliced with the edit photos like there have been in the past.

Something along these lines would have been more acceptable...

VOIt200011_00.jpg

fashion-iconography.net

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->