Vogue Italia July 2007 : Denisa Dvorakova by Steven Meisel

I like it so far and the instant I find it, I'm getting it.

wow this is hilarius i love the cover
i can't wait editorials

^ The cover, Iselin's first picture, Denisa's first picture & the 2 preview pictures all look VERY "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". & Also they all look very much like the "Organized Robots" Meisel editorial.

{art+commerce}

thought exactly the same (about the cover)... but it's not bad...
I don't understand why we all need new things so quickly (i include myself)... I mean he's an "artist" and artist have a vocabulary... it's doesn't mean they're repeating themselves... he's exploring his "vocabulary", and his talents...
but maybe it wasn't your point, right? (i'm so tired these days...:doh:)
Iselin is playing the Paris Hilton... Meisel loves this paparazzi things... it's very a fashion-social thing... and it's very good... I really like this trend...
Terry R. "started" the trash-realism... and Meisel is re-inventing the "glamourous realism"... it's very very good and I love this... really!
(I could do my thesis on this... that would be so fun...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see Meisel's ed. I love beautiful shots with some humour.

I like it so far although the cover isn't as great as I was expecting it to be. I can't wait to see the rest of the ed! Anyone know how many pages it is?

I quite like the cover! Even more than what I've seen of the contents really :lol:

i have never loved iselin more! this editorial is beyond perfect.

Denisa is really eyecatching on the cover. I've never noticed her much before but she looks amazing.

I'm not in love with the "Cleansing" title though. Rehab is much more evocative and in tune with the theme of the editorial. Either way I'm excited to see the entire editorial. This should be quite beautiful.

I can't believe Iselin is the girl with the infamous Britney pose. I'd have sworn that job would go to Lara.

Denisa's cover is really beautiful. She looks fantastic.

The images of the ed look quite promising. I can't wait for the rest. :smile:

is the supplement italy only? :o

Happily no, it's been a tradition since I can remember that the July issue comes with a 'sfilate dossier' of the catwalk looks; in the old days, it used to have its own cover with a model which would be a variation on the main cover theme. This is one supplement that's always come with import issues that arrive in the UK.

Strangely I think it was last year that they interrupted the rhythm and bundled the supplement with the August issue, but given Vogue Italia's sense of time, we're lucky the July issue doesn't appear in September. They don't hurry themselves.

I attach an example from July 1993, where Shalom was on the cover of both the main issue and the catwalk supplement. I'm sad they've discontinued putting a proper cover on the supplement, it was like getting 'two covers for the price of one'.

Attachments

• One.jpg
    One.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 759
  • Two.jpg
    Two.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 757
She looks like a younger Daria. I can see why Meisel would like her. The title sounds so spiritual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->