Vogue Italia July 2024 : Bad Bunny by Rafael Pavarotti

If putting men on the cover is supposed to entice men to buy the magazine, the contents would also need to contain something for men. At the moment, all the pages inside are speaking to women.

If putting men on the cover is supposed to entice women to buy the magazine, then use men that are enticing to women.

If putting men on the cover is supposed to entice women to buy the magazine, then use men that are enticing to women.

I do think that’s the goal - they’re aiming for female fans and gay fans to buy the issue who normally wouldn’t. The risk is alienating regular women readers who aren’t interested. I think the reverse happens as well. If you look at recent covers of GQ featuring Zendaya or Anya Taylor Joy, it’s hard to imagine they would appeal the a (straight) male consumer. They seem more geared at a younger fan culture unbound by gender, but are they actually going to buy the magazine?

Bad Bunny has a massive cohort of female fans, but there’s no telling if it will pay off here because the image itself isn’t remarkable and the novelty has perhaps worn off. Harry Styles’ American Vogue cover is probably the blueprint, as I’m fairly certain it outsold any other issue in probably the last decade.

hate it...and hate the inside pictures...terrible VI...so Anna decided this with Raul Martinez and Francesca just nod...waste of everything....

I don't even know who the EIC is, but they need to bring the magic back, great new models, or great supermodels from the 90's, 00's, 10's and the new era. WE NEED MEISEL back!

Beautiful shot. Looove the color work. Pavarotti has really improved his photographing skills since his gorgeous Balmain campaigns. Before that he was too forced but now apparently he found his way!
Buuuuut, I couldn’t have said better that this belongs to L’Uomo Vogue. I wouldn’t have mind if a woman was with him.

I think he's attractive and makes fun music but I'm just kinda tired of him at this point. Just lay low for a few months, my dude. Also they've really been pushing him to be this Gen Z fashion icon, and it's just not working for me.

I don't even know who the EIC is, but they need to bring the magic back, great new models, or great supermodels from the 90's, 00's, 10's and the new era. WE NEED MEISEL back!
Completely agree with you. Vogue Italia bring the magic back!

Is he like Posh Spice, where Victoria Beckham never lets herself be pictured smiling in a photo shoot?

If putting men on the cover is supposed to entice men to buy the magazine, the contents would also need to contain something for men. At the moment, all the pages inside are speaking to women.

I do think that’s the goal - they’re aiming for female fans and gay fans to buy the issue who normally wouldn’t. The risk is alienating regular women readers who aren’t interested. I think the reverse happens as well. If you look at recent covers of GQ featuring Zendaya or Anya Taylor Joy, it’s hard to imagine they would appeal the a (straight) male consumer. They seem more geared at a younger fan culture unbound by gender, but are they actually going to buy the magazine?

Bad Bunny has a massive cohort of female fans, but there’s no telling if it will pay off here because the image itself isn’t remarkable and the novelty has perhaps worn off. Harry Styles’ American Vogue cover is probably the blueprint, as I’m fairly certain it outsold any other issue in probably the last decade.
Putting Harry Styles (where is he now??), Timothée Chalamet or Bad Bunny is a cheap ploy to entice twelve-year-olds to buy the magazine hoping they'll become loyal readers for the next 20 years. It's not going to work. Another example of editors who have no business in the industry. Condé Nast would have been wise to dismiss these editors who truly lack any vision a long time ago. And Anna and Edward are the worst. But I fear it's already too late to redeem these magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARNOLDSILVERBOLT
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->