Vogue Italia September 2022 : Gigi Hadid by Rafael Pavarotti

The feeling of the cover is quite off. Do love the candidness of Gigi’s ed.

The editorial ends up feeling too samey, I’m missing a powerful close-up or a double spread to bring some variety, it’s good though–surprising considering how much I dislike the model.

The other one is a bit too Photoshop course assignment but it’s fun, some of those albums look like they would be quite the guilty pleasure.

This is Gigi's TRUE REAL MODEL'S MODEL look !!! FINALLY lol it just took her 10 years lol but she finally poses (in this shoot anyways) like a real bonafide high fashion model and not like her usual american teen self lol. YES finally !!!

No wonder she's looks so good when she's been heavily edited and has that extreme make-up. Nothing wrong with that though, at least she doesn't look puffy, tired and drab. Georgia's editorial is amazeballs, it's been a very long time since I've seen a magazine put that much effort and imagination into an editorial :heart:

Only two editorials? What a mess.

The second image of Grace's editorial would have made a nice cover.

The cover is a bit boring, but the editorial is much better & Gigi how managed so well with the punk attitude & the aesthetic fits it. Nice to see an edit of Grace Coddington.

She looks here like Elena Lenina at every Cannes Festival red carpet. Google her :smile: That hair, makeup, dresses... Bad & sad.

Love the cover and editorial. Georgia's ed is nice love the concept thogh I wish she would have had more versatility and played with it.

One of Gigi's best works, and it's also a nice surprise to see that Grace got Rafael out of the studio. As for Georgia's editorial, I love the concept but unfortunately it's not strong at all. You need an established team or at the very least some specific album covers to riff off of to make this work. Interestingly I know Meisel did this concept in January 2006 (well, sort of) and again didn't (seem to) make specific reference to famous album covers. Wonder why people shy away from this. You have so much to work with, not just Bowie, Madonna, Prince or Diana Ross but other 70s and 80s artists, even like Patrice Rushen or Ashford and Simpson who did some pretty glam album covers.

Bought the issue today and it’s kinda thick (compared to previous issues) 332 pages…cover and ed looks much better printed…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->